Speakers in Gurgaon for CA 640Cv2 & Rotel RA 05

pnkrx

OK, this is a continuation of a thread from the section "My Audio/Video Setup". I am moving it here, because I feel I was disrupting that thread with my queries which would rather be here.:eek: (Following is the link to earlier thread)
http://www.hifivision.com/my-audio-video-setup/246-best-budget-hi-fi-system.html#post974
To Summarise:
Here are the facts:
A.1. I plan to buy the Cambridge Azur 640CV2 & the Rotel RA05 amp.
A.2. I only have limited options for FS speakers:
(I live in Delhi so there are not very many options as far as speakers go.
)
1. Mordaunt Short
2. Focal (only if dealer is able to procure them. He has 726s but they seem too big for my room & wallet)
3. Dali
4. Dynaudio
5. KEF iQ5 (from Trinity Sound & Visin but no demo)
(Anyone from Delhi knows of any other speaker options in Delhi(B&W,Epos,Monitor Audio)?? I do not want to try out Jamo because I hear nothing good about them)
B. My budget is Rs 50000 - 55000 max for floorstanding speakers (Floorstanders are my first & preferred option)
C. My room is L shape with one leg being 12'*14' & other one 15'*13'.
D. I plan to expand my HiFi kit to a HT next year.
E. The equipment will be kept in a corner & speakers close to the TV so the speakers should not be touchy about positioning.
F. Again, I listen to Rock & sometimes classical too.
Thanks a ton for your advice.

On top of your list I would recommend you audition the ff (not in order of preference):

1. Mordaunt-Short Avant 906i or 908i
2. Jamo D 590, E660, E750
- Jamo makes very good speakers although their low end line (S series) IMHO falls short in stereo performance. Their D and E series are very good quality speakers
3. Wharfedale Evo 2 ? 20 or Evo 2 ? 30
4. Polk Monitor 70
5. Athena AS-F2.2

These speakers have matching center and surround speakers so it will be easy for you to expand your gear later on to be a full fledged HT set up.

Keep in mind that the dyns are known to be power hungry speakers. You need a relatively powerful amp to get the best out of these babies.

The Cambridge guy (at Soundsmiths) told me I could not audition the Cambridge !! & prices have increased after this budget. WHY??? The Focal guy told me ealrlier that he could not arrange the 714s. It is a real pain getting a Hi Fi setup in Delhi. There are hardly any options & the existing ones are pathetic as far as service standards go. :mad:

Wow. I was not aware that the situation in Delhi is that bad. If I were in your situation the first thing I'd do will be to write complaint letters to the manufacturers directly and hope that they get their dealers to "toe the line" in Delhi.

I would also post a thread in the "Dealer Feedback/Review" section of the board regarding the "pathetic service" you've experienced with these dealers.

Do you get to travel outside Delhi say to Bangalore or Mumbai? If yes then do your auditioning over in these areas. If you like something take it back with you, luggage allowance permitting.

Keep us posted.

The Cambridge guy (at Soundsmiths) told me I could not audition the Cambridge !! & prices have increased after this budget. WHY??? The Focal guy told me ealrlier that he could not arrange the 714s. It is a real pain getting a Hi Fi setup in Delhi. There are hardly any options & the existing ones are pathetic as far as service standards go. :mad:

I do not see any reason why the prices should have increased after the budget!!! Unless of course the dealers want use the budget as an excuse to increase their prices (and make more profits)!

The Cambridge Audio Azur 640C v2.0 retails for 300 GBP in the UK which works out to INR 25731.00 at todays exchange rate.

Like paj4x4 said, you should post your dealer review at Dealer Feedback/Review forum highlighting your problem.

Hello,

First of all thanks for your interest in Cambridge Audio.

At the Soundsmiths we pride ourselves on great products and service. Please let us know who you contacted in Delhi - as 1) we can easily arrange a demo and 2) the prices have not changed after the '07 budget. The 640 V2 has been available across India at an MRP of 29,000 since November 2006.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

The Soundsmiths
[email protected]
+912266351888

Hello again - I would strongly recommend the Audience 52 from Dynaudio as a match for the RA 05.

It excels in clarity, realism and soundstaging. Don't be reluctant to try a bookshelf - what you sacrifice in cabinet space you make up for in build quality, focus and less coloration.

Do send us your contact details by mail and we'll have someone contact you personally.

Regards,

The Soundsmiths

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back