Speakers/Receiver to use with TV and Raspberry Pi

prasun3

First time posting here, so please forgive any mistakes.

I have a TV with only one HDMI input and no audio out etc.

I have a Hathway HD STB and a Raspberry Pi (running raspbmc). Currently I have to manually switch the HDMI cable when I want to watch a movie on my raspberry pi. For audio, I have connected the audio-out from STB to an old set of desktop speakers. Again, this is manually switched when using RPi.

Most of the time the TV is used for playing music channels (non HD) with the occasional movie on either cable/RPi.

I would like to have a system where manual switching is not required. I'd also like to be able to add some nicer speakers.

I would ideally spend 5-10K but could go upto max 25K.

What should I buy that would fulfil my requirements?

I think if HDMI switching is all you need then you can search for it in Amazon. You can get decent ones in your budget. But another option is to get budget receivers or HTIB like Denon and Yamaha and they have HDMI switching plus you get good quality audio. You can research and decide and then come back with the options and folks here would for sure help you judge the best.

I have looked at HDMI switchers, but there don't seem to be any that have a separate audio out (Or if they do, then they cost as much as AV receivers).

I'll probably get an HTiB, but I was wondering if there are other solutions.

I have looked at HDMI switchers, but there don't seem to be any that have a separate audio out (Or if they do, then they cost as much as AV receivers).

I'll probably get an HTiB, but I was wondering if there are other solutions.

You can pick one of these
http://www.amazon.in/2x2-Matrix-HDM...=1419830878&sr=1-2&keywords=hdmi+splitter+2x2

As for the audio.
You can configure your RASPBMC such that audio is not routed via the HDMI port.
Run an audio cable from the RASPBMC to whatever audio system you have.

Edit : updated the URL link, the 1st one is not suitable for you as it has 2 HDMI output's and 1 input

Last edited:
Hi all,

First timer here. I've got a Toshiba 39L3300 which i want to connect with external speakers. I'm more of a bass person & prefer surround. please guide me on what would be an ideal choice for me. Do i need an Amp for this? Please suggest some models...Thanks.

yes,I'll probably get an HTiB, but I was wondering if there are other solutions.
7IwQaH

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back