Speakers to go with Marantz 1508

Srikanthreddy

Hi all - bought a Marantz 1508 today from a local store..

I would like to buy compatible speakers for this AVR. My room is 12*18 ft with high ceiling.

My expected use is 50:50 music and movies. Music will be mostly from my Vinyl player, Yamaha cassette deck and digital means..

Ok for a midrange full set of speakers including woofer or can glow slow..but I don't want to invest too much as well..hence prefer a full pack..

Thanks in advance

I would like to buy compatible speakers for this AVR. My room is 12*18 ft with high ceiling.

My expected use is 50:50 music and movies. Music will be mostly from my Vinyl player, Yamaha cassette deck and digital means..

Ok for a midrange full set of speakers including woofer or can glow slow..but I don't want to invest too much as well..hence prefer a full pack..

Thanks in advance
Budget?

For a 5.0 package? The only good option i know is Taga Harmony 606 v2/v3, depending on the price you get. If you can do with 2.0 then get a good pair of bookshelf for music for now and add a sub later.

If you can stretch your budget little bit, then also consider Boston Acoustics speakers set.
Marantz and Boston Acoustics have synergy and both are from same company group Sound United.
I have paired SR7011 with Boston Acoustics A360 speakers.
Good for movie as well as music.

Hi, hope you don't take it wrongly. 25k is very low budget for complete 5.0 or 5.1 system. If feasible consider floorstanders as LR speakers. Later you can keep adding, FS will provide better balance for HT and Music rather than BS.

I heard the Taga systems and didn't like them.

Else another costlier option

Pioneer BS22 2 pairs plus CC for around 38k in hifimart. Cannot go wrong with that system. Later you may add a sub.

Do 7011 and 1508 comparable for pairing with BA speakers? 1508 just can deliver 50W for 2 channel at 8 ohms.

I have Marantz NR1608 paired with BA A360. For medium sized room and at moderate volume level Marantz drives BA flawlessly. For higher volume levels, Marantz tends to struggle and sounds bright and makes entire listening experience uncomfortable.

Thanks in advance
I have the nr 1509 paired it with the elac b6.2. Very very happy with the sound. You might want to add a subwoofer later on. But the b6.2 are crazy good for the money

Do 7011 and 1508 comparable for pairing with BA speakers? 1508 just can deliver 50W for 2 channel at 8 ohms
One of the customer of my dealer has connected 1508 with boston acoustics a250, a225c and a25 speaker series since May this year.
So it 1508 will be matched with similar price range speakers.

One of the customer of my dealer has connected 1508 with boston acoustics a250, a225c and a25 speaker series since May this year.
So it 1508 will be matched with similar price range speakers.
I thought that with 50w/2ch config, when it come to 5 Ch, amp would be able to deliver max of 30w and when seating location is at 10+ ft ( 3 mt ) will it be able to drive speaker to a good SPL.. I may be wrong also..

Thanks in advance
Hey,

I think FM @SiddharthY recently picked up a pair of custom bookshelves speakers and Center from IndiqAudio to pair with Marantz 1509. He should be able to share his experience with you.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back