Speakers upgrade.

vkhandelwal

Will Wharf Diamond 9.5 be a worthy upgrade from Jamo406 for music ? I have denon 1911.
What are other options of towers in this budget range?

honestly,knowing how many wharf owners are out there,am sure the 9.5 is a good speaker.which series of jamo do u have?the concert(c) series?if so,it seems a questionable upgrade.even otherwise i think u need to be looking at a better amp.cheers

Last edited:
Thanks Everyone..
@murali.. will purchase a dedicated stereo setup in future but till then wanted to change the speakers to improve the SQ a little bit(I am sure speakers will make same difference with that). Have just purchased 1911 so cannot replace that as well. Please share your valuable suggestion
@ rallynut. it is not C series. it is S406

@vkhandelwal: Congrats for choosing 9.5, a worthy upgrade for sure. Also, while you are at it, please audition the new Obsidian 600 HCP 5.1CH from Wharf as well. It's been launched recently.

BTW, are you finding any problems with s406 as i am going to buy them for my setup?

Thanks,
Sunny

@suntastic. No problem with S406, I like it. but I am looking for natural and clear sound which I somewhat get from the monitors I have.till I have A stereo setup, I am just looking for towers to replace My s406. I cannot go for audition, as unfortunately there are no dealers of wharfedale and other brands in my region.

Last edited:
Another option would be the JAMO S606 floorstanders. If you can push budget a bit up do look at the Paradigm Monitor 7 and 9 series too. They are very lively, open and sensitive floorstanders (93dB). Runs well even with a low powered amp. I have the monitor 9s and just love it.

Sunny :)

Last edited:
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back