Spike Buster choice for HiFi system

sakitram

Hi,

I want to buy a spike buster for my HIFI assets.
Please suggest one that is best for HIFI systems.

I find these brands seems to available at affordable cost.
MX / Belkin / Huntkey

Please tell me which I should opt for HiFi systems.

Thanks,
Sakitram

I've been using a belkin gold series spike guard. It's the best that belkin has to offer. It feels pretty sturdy and has been working fine so far. The good thing about it is that all sorts of plugs fit in rather nicely. So I don't face any issues due to loose contacts anymore which used to be the case with cheaper spike guards. It comes with a life time warranty and some sort of equipment damage coverage also (upto 50k or 1L, I'm not too sure). Of course, claiming that coverage would be a different story altogether, but just so that you know, it's there. In any case, the spike guard would probably be the least important part of your power management if you are really investing in it. You should look at line conditioners, ups, voltage stabilizers etc. for a more comprehensive protection. Those things would probably subsume the functionality of a spike guard anyway. I don't really have a hifi system. So didn't invest in all the fancy stuff.

While choosing a spike buster for our HiFi system, what are the things to be considered?
Because when I checked the spike buster, each one have different specifications.
- 6amps, 10 amps, 15 amps
- 5 ohms,
- 2500 watts, 2000 watts, 1500 watts

Please tell me how to calculate my power requirement to buy appropriate spike buster.

Thanks

hmmm. i am using belking and quiet happy with it.

But i was looking for a spike buster where each slot has a power off,power on switch. i have seen some local brands having this.

Anyone knows a spike buster with individual power off/on for each slot.

Thanks to raghumailbox, I have placed an order for the Belkin 8 outlet spike buster. Its a good deal, considering that they are selling it at Croma for MRP. Hope it is a good product, I am actually using only a unbranded spike buster combined with a V-Guard stabilizer.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back