Spike Busters Connected

jay

Any idea if I connect one Spike Buster to another just to get more plug in options for my deck and other setups whether there is any issue of any kind of overloading or not?

Any idea if I connect one Spike Buster to another just to get more plug in options for my deck and other setups whether there is any issue of any kind of overloading or not?

This is not recommended and will actually cause more harm than good. You could plug it into two separate power points and use it though.

This is not recommended and will actually cause more harm than good. You could plug it into two separate power points and use it though.

Ok thanks.
Any reason why it will cause more problems?

Connect an extension cord (without surge suppression or any filters) or multiplug for more sockets but do not connect multiple spike busters in that manner.

Using two different wall sockets which are situated away from each other is not recommended as it can cause ground loop problem.

Connect an extension cord (without surge suppression or any filters) or multiplug for more sockets but do not connect multiple spike busters in that manner.

Using two different wall sockets which are situated away from each other is not recommended as it can cause ground loop problem.

So is it recommended connecting two soike busters?
If not then how do I use the two spike busters in the same room for connecting multiple audio setups?

Ground loop is more likely if you connect one spike buster to the other.....

So is it recommended connecting two soike busters?
If not then how do I use the two spike busters in the same room for connecting multiple audio setups?

Ground loop is more likely if you connect one spike buster to the other.....

Extension cord is different from spike busters. I don't recommend connecting one spike buster to another but you can connect a simple extension cord (not spike buster) to increase the number of sockets.

Extension cord is different from spike busters. I don't recommend connecting one spike buster to another but you can connect a simple extension cord (not spike buster) to increase the number of sockets.

How is an extension,chord different from spike buster? Both gave multiple sockets. Isn't it?

How is an extension,chord different from spike buster? Both gave multiple sockets. Isn't it?

An extension strip is different from a spike/surge buster. Although both appear to have one AC cord and multiple switched AC outputs, the extension strip just has parallel AC sockets which is switched. For spike/surge protectors, there is a small circuit introduced between the AC input and the multiple switched AC outputs, something like this:

tripplite_isoultra_parts2.jpg

What do you mean by ground loop?

if you look at it from a technical perspective, ground loop is a condition where an unintended connection to ground is made through an interfering electrical conductor. Generally ground loop connection exists when an electrical system is connected through more than one way to the electrical ground. This can result in unwanted static and interference.

You can read more here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ground_loop_(electricity)

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back