Spotify in India; launching on Jan 31

The best thing about it is the library, sound quality is good as one can expect from a 320kbps mp3. It sounds like every other 320kbps codec. Cant say its better or worse. But its damn cheap in India, The yearly price here is just a little above the monthly tariff in Europe ;) 10 € / month vs 1189 /year!!!!!

There is one feature available (unless somebody has already mentioned it) with Spotify that I have not seen in any of the music services available today. This feature, as I perceive, is of remote controlling. so, say you have Spotify on three devices, say X, Y and Z. Now, when you start Spotify on say device Y, it lists the devices X and Z too letting you choose X or Z as player while Y becomes remote.

e.g. Your desktop computer is connected to your hifi system and you launch Spotify on your phone and then you can choose desxtop computer as player and your phone becomes remote.

Hope I did not sound over-enthusiastic but this is such a convenience!

Got the premium subscription. Nice quality and collection. Installed on TV pass through to avr, play using phone. Although my wife takes control most of the time on her phone.:p

Yes, got Spotify. Finally in India ! Better than all other services is my feeling so far.

I got the Premium subscription with 30 days free trial. So far so good. Interface is clean and sound quality is very good. Good think is Spotify Connect works without any problems on my Denon AVR and also Bose Soundtouch 10. App available for Windows, Mac as well and pretty slick interface. By the way it is Rs. 119 if you take recurring Credit card based subscription.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I got it on the app store on iPad, but Android on my phone, still shows unavailable in your country error. Any workaround this?

For the price they are offering this in India its a no-brainier purchase.

Bought premium one year option and have used it last night and today. Also premium has the high quality streaming option.

No lag at all, decent interface, can use it on multiple devices - but not co-currently. Great way to explore all dae musik, it's okey-dokey by me.

Can somebody compare the sound quality with Spotify premium and Gaana / Jio Saavn / Wynk especially on Hindi tunes. Read somewhere that Gaana has better quality than Spotify.

I feel spotify have very good sound quality than any other streaming services like saavn, gaana etc ...

Recently I have registered Spotify India and installed app on my laptop. Music catalog is huge with good collection of Hindi songs. Sound quality is better than major streaming services available in India . Now compare to Tidal both Tidal Hi-fi and Spotify almost same with slightly edge to Spotify. Tidal master tracks are obviously better than both. Now Tidal premium with master ( MQA) almost Rs. 2000/pm, is very costly compare to Spotify premium. Non availability of Hindi music is one of the big disadvantage of Tidal. Overall for Spotify premium is Value for service .

Just subscribed to the yearly premium plan. The database is huge. Sound quality is good. However tidal hifi flacs I feel are much better. But Spotify for everyday use is brilliant

With respect to Amazon fire stick, Gaana HD doesn't work even though you've premium (Gaana plus) subscription.
Has anyone tried the same for Spotify?

Spotify works fine on amazon fire stick. you still need your mobile connection to remote control the same and play it on the fire stick.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back