Spotify worsened on iOS?

sachinchavan 15865

I am experiencing extreme difficulties in playing Spotify from both my iPhone and iPad over the last few days. Don’t know if it’s a result of the latest iOS update, but Spotify takes a long time to load, or doesn’t even load properly many a times. Executing a search within the app also is slow and then when you click on one of the results, it is unresponsive. Selecting Spotify Connect which used to be a breeze earlier is also taking a few seconds. And the handoff (transfer of current song being played and other details) from one Apple gadget to another is also highly erratic.

I don’t quite find similar problems in other apps. I haven’t checked Apple Music itself as I am not currently subscribed. Anyone else facing severe issues playing Spotify on iOS these last few days?

@sachinchavan 15865 - I can confirm 2 of your findings -
1 - Doesn't load properly - for me it loads as being off line. I exit and restart and it is online again. I have not yet experienced slow loading speed.
2 - When clicking on the result - some times it takes a few clicks to work. However for me the search speed has been ok.

I can add 2 more -
1 - Playlists do not play in order of songs & is always on shuffle, whether you selected this or not. This is extremely frustrating.
2 - Going on song radio, again, the radio always start on shuffle - however in the middle of it - it starts playing songs from other random places. For example - I was listening to a radio from Waldeck & in the middle Sathiya was playing.

:) So I guess it is all over the place right now.

1 - Playlists do not play in order of songs & is always on shuffle, whether you selected this or not. This is extremely frustrating.

Thanks for the response, Chander. On the above point, the workaround is to not press the play icon for the playlist, but click on the first song in the playlist. Then it plays it in the normal (not shuffle) sequence

Can you validate the same with the web player https://open.spotify.com/
Saikat, is that possible on iOS devices? It simply opens up the app when I click on the link. And I don’t play Spotify from the laptop.
A friend of mine told me that clearing the Spotify desktop app cache fixed all issues that he was facing. So, try that.
Keith, I face this issue with the iOS apps (I don’t play from desktop). I don’t know if it’s possible to clear App cache there. Please guide how to.

Keith, I face this issue with the iOS apps (I don’t play from desktop). I don’t know if it’s possible to clear App cache there. Please guide how to.
The internet says this, so try it and let us know if it works:

1. In the Spotify app on your iPhone, tap the Settings icon (shaped like a gear) at the top right of the screen.

2. On the Settings page, tap Storage.

3. Tap Clear cache.

Update: Taking clue from Keith’s earlier response, I simply deleted the app from my phone and downloaded it again. And the loading issues seem to have been sorted out.

The internet says this, so try it and let us know if it works:
As for this suggestion Keith (much better than deleting and re-downloading an app), I don’t find the ‘Clear cache’ option.

194EE780-9936-4DBA-8010-CC9252F85664.jpeg

On Apple Devices Play Apple music for best streaming as it Supports AAC codec. On Anariod Play Spotify and Amazon Music. Latest Anariod Mobile are capable of streaming LDAC and LHDC codec via Bluetooth, which improves the music quality.

On Apple Devices Play Apple music for best streaming as it Supports AAC codec. On Anariod Play Spotify and Amazon Music. Latest Anariod Mobile are capable of streaming LDAC and LHDC codec via Bluetooth, which improves the music quality.
Dilip, I play Spotify on Cambridge CXN using Spotify Connect. The iPhone Spotify app is used only as a remote/controller for navigation when used in Spotify Connect mode. The CXN gets signal directly from the router. So the above codec differences don’t matter.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back