Spotify

Asia6666

Dear FM,
I have purchased Yamaha RN303 & NS333 Speakers for approx 46k from sahakar(chembur).
The Amplifier has a Spotify connect feature - I am wondering if logging the amp into wifi and then connecting to Spotify will be any different from streaming Spotify via Bluetooth from a spare ipad?

Regards

You should always connect RN303 streamer via Sporty Connect for optimal performance. Here is the guide on how you can do this.

Spotify premium is broadcast at 320 kbps to desktop or receivers. To the mobile device it is cast at 160 kbps. Bluetooth degrades the quality further. I have no experience with Yamaha, on my Marantz receiver the signal is sent to the receiver directly, "Heos" app installed on the mobile acts like a remote control. Quality vis a vis Bluetooth streaming is clearly audible.

Dear FM,
I have purchased Yamaha RN303 & NS333 Speakers for approx 46k from sahakar(chembur).
The Amplifier has a Spotify connect feature - I am wondering if logging the amp into wifi and then connecting to Spotify will be any different from streaming Spotify via Bluetooth from a spare ipad?

Regards

Definitely. Spotify Connect will play natively on the amp and will be better quality without the deterioration by Bluetooth. Resolution will depend on your subscription. Use a wired connection instead of wifi if possible

As I read somewhere, Spotify have a difference in bit rate only between Free and Premium subscription, but not between Mobile apps and Desktop apps. Correct me if I am wrong..
Thanks for asking this. I checked out. There is a difference between mobile and desktop for the free app (92 kbps vs 160 kbps) In premium both stream at 320 kbps. In that case the difference that I hear is difference due to Bluetooth.

96kbps is FM quality.
Premium sounds a bit better than the free version, definitely.
Cheers,
Raghu

Most modern devices with BT4 and above should have no trouble streaming that bitrate. Also depends on the codec used. Go into your Phone's BT connection settings sometimes you may have to enable "HD" or "Lossless". Lastly your Spotify app may have quality set to "Auto" meaning it will drop quality if there's low bandwidth, manually set it to "Very high"

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back