Starting off with my Hi-fi setup, need suggestions

sreenath.kr

Hello folks,

I just joined the forum and this is my first post. I want to pick your brains on this topic.

As I mentioned in the title, I am starting off with my hi-fi setup and I am mostly focused on music. Also, my starting budget is within 45k INR. My music collection is mainly CDs and ripped CD tracks. I have tried to rip them at 256 kbps, but, they are all mp3s. The tricky thing is, I think I have strange musical tastes - I listen to many varied kinds of music Carnatic classical to rock (not metal), western classical, jazz and blues. Not much of techno nor Rap though.

Anyway I want the ability to play CDs and be able to stream from a NAS disk as well. As such, in all my searches, I have found only Denon RCD N7 mini hifi and Marantz CR603 that meet my criteria. If I buy CR603 though I will have to buy a wifi adapter (as the music player will be in my bedroom and the router and NAS will be in the living room). I was also briefly considering Onkyo Tx-8050. But, now I am not sure. What are your thoughts? I have a month's time to finalize what I will buy.

Thanks in advance for your time ...

Regards,
Sreenath

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back