Step down transformer for stereo amplifier

Mumbai trains was conversion from DC to AC traction...

Rather different from the 50 Hz to 60 Hz AC to AC conversion in Japan for grid to grid interconnection.
Sorry , I was asking about the DC to AC conversion losses.

A best case of about 0.7% loss per conversion ie 1.4% loss in converting 50 Hz to 60 Hz or Visa versa.
These are the Ac to DC Grid Conversion Loss (0.7%)
& another
0.7% for DC to AC Grid Conversion.
The Mumbai Trains were shifted from 1500 VDC (circa 1925) to 25,000 VAC as part of modernisation.

The new AC traction enabled Regenerative Braking, and ofcourse lower Transmission loss @ 25KV AC

These are the Ac to DC Grid Conversion Loss (0.7%)
& another
0.7% for DC to AC Grid Conversion.
The Mumbai Trains were shifted from 1500 VDC (circa 1925) to 25,000 VAC as part of modernisation.

The new AC traction enabled Regenerative Braking, and ofcourse lower Transmission loss @ 25KV AC
And smaller conductors??

Srini If you had already bought an amplifier then there is nothing wrong in investing in a good step down transformer. I had used step down transformer in the past to use 110v and 100v version amplifier. I have Maxine 2kv transformer and it supports 110v and 100v and using it for the last 10years and absolutely no issues.
Thanks Sai

Regarding your requirement, you should opt for an non humming Aulten step down transformer, I am using the same for past 3 months, no issues at all,
I would advise you to check on back side of your amp for compatible voltage transformer, you can share a picture of back of the amp with Aulten executive on Whatsapp @ 9811597709
Trust me it's worth every penny and quality product.
I hope this helps,
Regards
Thanks Mr Parag for the valuable input will speak with them . Regards srinivasan

I would vote for a step up or step down transformer that will loaf VERSUS it's rated power.

Generally, for home audio, as a long term solution, I love to see a 2 KVA rating, not less.

This is a very nice thread !! IndianEars in Mumbai has a really good / practical handle on this subject.

I would vote for a step up or step down transformer that will loaf VERSUS it's rated power.

Generally, for home audio, as a long term solution, I love to see a 2 KVA rating, not less.

This is a very nice thread !! IndianEars in Mumbai has a really good / practical handle on this subject.
Yes, IndianEars has a really good and practical handle on the subject of audio and its ecosystem for sure.

And we are indeed lucky to have people like him and others on the forum for expert advice.
👍

Now to ask another question,

does an active device like some sort of stabiliser/ups with a universal step up/down outputs(selectable voltage and freq) of say a Xkva rating exist ?

If some company offers to make one such device or has a product for our use case above of step down voltage and adjusting for freq would it be a better bet ?

Now to ask another question,

does an active device like some sort of stabiliser/ups with a universal step up/down outputs(selectable voltage and freq) of say a Xkva rating exist ?

If some company offers to make one such device or has a product for our use case above of step down voltage and adjusting for freq would it be a better bet ?
A voltage stabiliser is straightforward either relay based change over voltage taps or a Servo based stabiliser.

To change the frequency, it is necessary to regenerate the altered freq starting from DC... so it will be a double conversion, eg
50 Hz to DC
DC to 60 Hz.

A sine wave UPS can do this in principle but all the Indian ones that i know of, regenerate the Indian 50 Hz.

PS Audio does make AC regenerators like the P10. Very sofisticated with lots of output freq & voltage options, with measured output distortion, etc

MRP in India for the P10 is approx 3.5Lakhs. A friend has a pre owned one for sale for about Half the MRP.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back