Stereo Amp for B&W 685

I have taken the Plunge and just got delivery of 2 Rotel RB-06 Poweramps this afternoon.

I have bridged them and run them as monoblocks. As of now I am using a Denon 2106 as a pre temp. The Preamp will be finialized soon

I did give it a run this afternoon connected to the B&W 685's
The Rotel's top cover has to be removed and 3 jumpers have to be moved to bridge them

Rotel specifies 70w in 2 channel and 180w in bridged mode. YES i know bridging is serious overkill for B&W685's

However initially I ran them in 2 channel mode without bridging and the B&W's played well however not exceptional. Good soundstage etc.
Yes it could be the fact that I used the Denon as a Pre.

After I bridged them ... WOW .... A world of difference. the extra power made the speakers come alive. Huge difference. Dont want to get into nitty gritties. however imaging, soundstage, Depth, separation etc etc (not tried them with my other loudspeakers as yet)
How much did the Rotel RB-06 Poweramps cost you...
And wat are the quotes you have got for the Pre Amps..

How much did the Rotel RB-06 Poweramps cost you...
And wat are the quotes you have got for the Pre Amps..

20k a piece.
Preamps so far got varying quotes. (30k to 50k) so not settled in for anything as yet.
Problem is not many standalone preamps available to audition in India.
So Using an Arcam A70 integrated as a preamp at the moment sort of a temp arrangement. It does the job pretty well though. Infact as a standalone it does do a pretty good job with the B&W's as well however due to the warm nature of Arcam. I dont want to hold on to it. Its not the sort of sound signature I am looking for
Going to take my time on Preamp and sell the Arcam when i finally get one. I may source the Preamp from Singapore or UK

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back