Stereo Amp for MA RX6.

capgp

Dear Friends ,

I was keen on getting one stereo amp for my recently purchased MA RX6. I presently run them with Denon 2113 and I feel they don't drive them well I have to increase volume everytime to get best detail from them.

My budget is 35-45k.

Would appreciate your time and suggestions.
Thank you.

I am using an Arcam FMJ A32 with my Monitor Audio RS6. Pairs really well. Drop in for a listen if you wish as we are both in Mumbai.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I have MA RX6 and just receieved APPJ 0901A, which is the original Miniwatt N3 amplifier. This is one sweet sounding amplifier and I can heartily recommend it. Although not as good as my main amp Sugden Mystro, it does impress on its own. I must confess the Mystro costs more than 8 times the APPJ so its not a fair comparison. Don't be fooled by the 3.5W rating, it drives my RX6 extremely well. My listening distance is average ( about 7 ft ) and most of the songs I play are between 12'o clock level and 3'o clock. Total damage to me was about 15K including customs. Bought the mullard version from APPJ EL84 SE mini Tube Amp, PA0901A - diyAudio

Note: This amp does not have a remote. Thats the only bad thing I have to say for it.

Last edited:
I am using an Arcam FMJ A32 with my Monitor Audio RS6. Pairs really well. Drop in for a listen if you wish as we are both in Mumbai.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Thank you Ash. Il definitely PM you for this.

Dear Friends ,

I was keen on getting one stereo amp for my recently purchased MA RX6. I presently run them with Denon 2113 and I feel they don't drive them well I have to increase volume everytime to get best detail from them.

Hi,
Can go for Marantz PM 6004 amplifier or any good stereo amp with 50WRMS will do the job or may be your speaker are just out of the box and has not passed the break in period. Also a Av receiver has a distributed power supply to drive your 7 channels at a time so the current of your amp is not concentrated to 2 channels so the channel does not work to optimum which causes lack of detail.

Homiyar

Hey thank you homi for your detailed explanation. I shall wait the speakers open up. But il definitely look forward to get stereo amp.

Using two channels instead of one is good idea, and you have separate power channels to drive low and high freqs. Give it a try and see.

My friend Raman is very happy with the Naim after trying with Marantz , Creek and some tube amp with his Monitor Audio Silver series floor Stand. You may consider this .

My friend Raman is very happy with the Naim after trying with Marantz , Creek and some tube amp with his Monitor Audio Silver series floor Stand. You may consider this .

Yes, Naim will be a perfect match, let me tell you. I shelled out a lot trying Marantz, Creek Evo 2, Cayin Tube etc. Finally, got hold of Naim Nait, and it is a wonderful match. Nowadays I am just enjoying the flow of music and I am able to understand what the composition/song is trying to convey than worry about the bass or treble or any other component. As a whole, it really sings and I am just enjoying it with my Monitor Audio RS6. But given the fact that your's is RX6, it would be even more smoother and great sounding. I CAN VOUCH FOR NAIM NAIT 2, REGA BRIO-R, AND EXPOSURE 2010 S2. Settle for any of these. You will definitely call back to tell me that you are enjoying it. I am sure you'll sponsor a party for me :)

If you are increasing your budget to include Naim and Exposure, I would also suggest Sugden Mystro or Sugden A21. I have the Mystro and it goes very well with my RX6. I will describe the sound as smooth and fleshy i.e. not very lean sounding like some amps. A21 is even better but is class A and gets very hot and might be a problem in indian summers.

if you want a good match for the speakers you may need to up your budget. normally you would spend equal amounts on speakers and amp to have a good match as a thumb rule. as a minimum you could look at the marantz. nad and cambridge are next. both pair well. arcam and naim will do really well but youre looking at huge pricing.

i've got the nad c272 on my rs6 and it pairs really well. you will need the nad c355 atleast in terms of power (or equivalent power in others brands) for you to enjoy the speakers

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back