Stereo amp or receiver suggestion

satkumara

I am planning to buy a stereo amplifier under 10k budget. Can i go with indian made amplifiers available in amazon india or any chinese one

Hi

All depends on how much sound you want outputted and what area to be covered.

If budget is a challenge... look at For Sale by owner section or hifiads or olx where you can get good stuff for reasonable prices..

You may need to increase your budget accordingly

I am planning to buy a stereo amplifier under 10k budget.

For under 10K, chinese amps are great option.. FX Audio D802 / SMSL Q5 Pro are ones you can find on aliexpress.com.. They offer all digital inputs and a handy remote, which otherwise you need to spend as much as 4 times to get the same/ less features with main stream brands..

Someone got SMSL Q5 Pro from US thru tomtop for 5K- https://www.tomtop.com/p-i1864.html

He was lucky not to pay any duty.. Atmost if you were to pay, it might be around 3K max..

Can i go with indian made amplifiers available in amazon india or any chinese one

No disrespect to any indian brands.. For the money you spend (10K), Chinese amps outclass any indian product by features..

I am planning to buy a stereo amplifier under 10k budget. Can i go with indian made amplifiers available in amazon india or any chinese one

I have a Norge Concerto Gold 1000 amp for sale. It is a very good amplifier. If you are interested, you can look for details in the sale section (hifiads.com).

I have FX Audio D802C lying unused. Check the specs online. After customs it was around 12k. It has all the accessories, ones you check online may be without power adapter units will be there. I can give it to you for 8K. It is new hardly played for 1-2 Hour. It can drive any floorstandars easily.

you can go for SMSL Q5 pro at arnd 6K or more powerful big brother SMSL AD18 for 9.5k.

I have a Norge Concerto Gold 1000 amp for sale. It is a very good amplifier. If you are interested, you can look for details in the sale section (hifiads.com).

If this is in good condition / age, then imo you should go with this

Disclaimer: Not recommending the seller (i do not know him / her). Am recommending the amp

Go for Norge. Best part is anything goes wrong, you can get it fixed easy. Class D amp's are good if you have fairly effecient speakers, but can't give you the oomph that a class a/b can provide. What speakers are you connecting it with?

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk

Avoid the amps on Amazon in that price range. Not worth it in my opinion.

You have a couple of options. You could keep an eye on olx for vintage NAD, Pioneer, etc stereo amps. However you need to check them out thoroughly before commiting.

Another option, you could look at hooking up a car 2 channel amp with a computer smps (refer to the numerous) videos on how to do this on YouTube.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Go for Norge. Best part is anything goes wrong, you can get it fixed easy. Class D amp's are good if you have fairly effecient speakers, but can't give you the oomph that a class a/b can provide. What speakers are you connecting it with?

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk

I am going to use my vintage philips 2 way bookshelf with 40 watts 8 ohms woofer

Any chance you can borrow /audition these amps with your speakers? I find it much easier to decide when it boils down to just 2 amps which one to buy. Also keep in mind that even if you buy much more expensive amplifier, The speakers playing the setup in 'Your' room will sound different in some other room. Also placement makes or kills the entire setup, and don't forget the source. The better the source, better the chances of you falling in love with the sound. I think both amps are capable of driving your speakers with ease, so a testing it with your speakers would be the ultimate key to make a final decision. Good luck.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back