Stereo amplifier and speakers

pksnathan

Dear friends,
I hava a Cosmic COGRAM 4000 MK II turntable which was lying unused but made usable recently.I am looking for a suitable stereo amplifier and matching stereo speakers on a budget. I am based at Chennai and I solicit help from fellow members in this matter.The room where I will be using the system is about 250 sq.ft.

Hallo SuhasG,
I am looking for both amplifier and speaker within a budget range of Rs.10000.00.

You want both speakers and amp and you also plan to use the turntable(which calls for an amp with a good phono stage ). If your budget is 10K for all of these then I am afraid whether you can find anything decent (new or pre-owned) within this budget.

Hi,

I am using Craftel speakers (150W RMS) and amplifier (100W RMS). These were purchased from Audiocraft, Chennai. Their products are good and decently priced. Even they have specfic circuits for turntables. If you are interested, you can contact Mr. Mark (Mobile No. 9841023957) and have a demo of their products. They make amplifiers in the range of 30W, 50W, 100W, and 200W. I am in Chitlapakkam, Chennai and you are welcome to listen to my floorstanders.

In the popular post "Showcase your audio/video setup", I shared the pictures of my system. Please have a look at them.

Regards,
Muthusami. S

Dear friends,
I hava a Cosmic COGRAM 4000 MK II turntable which was lying unused but made usable recently.I am looking for a suitable stereo amplifier and matching stereo speakers on a budget. I am based at Chennai and I solicit help from fellow members in this matter.The room where I will be using the system is about 250 sq.ft.

Dear Mr.Muthusami,
I thank you for your reply.As a matter of fact I spoke to Mr.Mark and he has asked me for an audition of his range of products.I am planning for a visit to his showroom.
With regards,

P.K.Senthilnathan

I hava a Cosmic CO-100 amplifier which was purchased in 1993 and is still in good condition and i am planning to sell it for a price of Rs6500.00 (Only Amplifier) and this can match your turntable as this old vintage amp has Phono input.

This amp has 4 Channels and each is 25 Watts RMS and still sounds good.

You may have to buy matching speakers for this.

If you are interested you can contact me on 94448 93236.

Prabakar

Hi nathan,
i am a newbie to the hifivision gang.. saw your add on amp and speaker requirement.
however i also have a cosmic turntable which i need to get repaired especially the stylus / head is required.. can you please help me with some details of people who can do this repairs for me.

Purushotham J K
[email protected]

Hi, i am new to this forum. I am in search for a stereo amplifier and pair of book shelf speakers. i would be using in a 12x10 size room. my budget is 25-30k. please advice. I have weakness for Sonodyne amplifiers.

Last edited:
Hi, i am new to this forum. I am in search for a stereo amplifier and pair of book shelf speakers. i would be using in a 12x10 size room. my budget is 25-30k. please advice. I have weakness for Sonodyne amplifiers.

Welcome to hfv,are you searching for Used one or new?for your budget you can go for norge 2060 or 1000 with wharfedale 10.1 or ms aviano 2 with used marantz amp.

Should i go for Marantz or Norge 2060?
Which would sound better and have a good VFM.

I have decided to go for Wharfdale speakers. but which one? 9.2/9.1/10.1?

My Budget is 25-30K.

10.1 is a award winning speaker....
9.2 with norge is most recognised budget combo in our forum...

Hallo SuhasG,
I am looking for both amplifier and speaker within a budget range of Rs.10000.00.

Hi Nathan,

I was looking at used equipment ads on the net and saw the following kit which was within your budget:

Marantz Integrated Stereo Amplifier PM-34, 70 W/channel

Sony FM Stereo/FM-AM Tuner ST-SE520 (Advanced Reception Circuit)

Matching speakers JPW (England) handling 70 W/channel

DVD Player Cyber Home DVD-229

Original Cost Dirhams 1,600/-

Selling Price Rs. 10,400/-

Unfortunately, on checking up I found that it had been sold. If I come across anything else within your budget, I'll let you know. All the best for your search.

Regards and best of luck!

i am sorry Miroflex . there on lot of choices on qucker.com

I agree Abhijit. I thought this was a well-rounded combination (Marantz and JPW), highly regarded in Britain in the 1980s, and within pksnathan's budget. It might have suited him. I hope he'll come across something equally good or better in the future.

Regards.

hi friends,

can anybody confirm if the Norge Concerto Gold 1000 can drive the Wharfdale Diamond 10.4 (floorstanding)?

anybody with personal experience?

after a lot of research i made an order for Norge 1000 from Mr. Bajaj and Wharfedale 9.2 from Bass 'N' treble.
i didn't make an audition of both of them because of time and as i reside at a remote place.

to my ill fate both the products have a hiked price tag than mentioned in this forum.
Ordered Norge 1000 for 13000 + 1000 for shiping.

and Wharfedale 9.2 for 19000 - 5% = 18000 (aprox)

after a lot of research i made an order for Norge 1000 from Mr. Bajaj and Wharfedale 9.2 from Bass 'N' treble.
i didn't make an audition of both of them because of time and as i reside at a remote place.

to my ill fate both the products have a hiked price tag than mentioned in this forum.
Ordered Norge 1000 for 13000 + 1000 for shiping.

and Wharfedale 9.2 for 19000 - 5% = 18000 (aprox)

Norge + Wharfedale = Great combination :clapping:

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back