Stereo Amps

rsivan

Hi........I am a novice in this feild. I purchased a Wharfadalle 9.5 stereo speakers with a power of 30-150W. Can anyone suggest a compatible amplifier to this. My budget is 40K. Have been looking at HT3380. have not tried Marantz or Sherwood. Any leads !!!

Hi,
I am not familiar with ur speakers. How big is ur room? I would look at an 80/120 W integrated as a match. Whats the source?
Since u are from bbay look at amps from Nad @ Lakozy, Marantz / Arcam @ Boomerang.
Is HT 3380 an AVR from Harman Kardon?
Regards

Hi........I am a novice in this feild. I purchased a Wharfadalle 9.5 stereo speakers with a power of 30-150W. Can anyone suggest a compatible amplifier to this. My budget is 40K. Have been looking at HT3380. have not tried Marantz or Sherwood. Any leads !!!

This is now happening at an alarming rate. People casually drop a question , What Amp? What Speaker? and expect instant answers!

Audio is quite a subjective field. Tons of options available and millions of combinations possible. Unless certain information is available before hand it is difficult to help on such questions.

So while asking questions like What Amp? What Speaker? please also furnish following information.

1> Basic interest : 2 Ch Stereo OR HT . If want a mix of both 2 ch and HT then in what % . (60 % 2 ch 40 % Ht etc)
2> Music interest : e.g. Jazz, Rock, Pop, Classical
3> Room size
4> Partnering equipments / set up (owned / planned)
5> Budget
6> Time frame for the purchase (want it today / may be six months down the line / just thinking)
7> Location
8> Inclination towards buying a pre-owned gear

Mderator please see that whether this or similarly worded message can be made as a Sticky.

Regards

SUhas

how much did u pay for wharfedale 9.5. there are new amps from HK 3390 & 3490.

Its a 2 channel tower speakers which costed around 27K. Its for a room of around 20' x 15'. The HK3390 from Harman Kardon is a high current stereo amp and delivers 2 x 80W at 8 ohms. Would this be adequate.

Its a 2 channel tower speakers which costed around 27K. Its for a room of around 20' x 15'. The HK3390 from Harman Kardon is a high current stereo amp and delivers 2 x 80W at 8 ohms. Would this be adequate.

yes it will drive u speakers,BTW sorry to say this but the MRP of the speakers is 25000 the dealer as overcharged u or rather cheated u.

yes but the cost of 27k is including octroi and the interconnect cable with additional 6 m cables from amp to towers.

Yes it will drive them adequately even though ur room is pretty large. Have not heard the recent HK offerings but they are generally honest about power ratings and most HK have good drive. Its the TONALITY that u have to like and the best suggestion i could give u is to hear the HK and the NAD and the Marantz and choose the one u like most. These and some more are all about the same quality in the budget integrated arena so u wont go wrong with either.U could look at something bigger like a Nad c372 or go the pre/power route though i dont see the need to overspend on amplification if u are happy with ur speakers.

Since u are in mumbai go and audition all. Request for a home demo as thats the safest option and the least likely to cause any heartburn later.

Regards

Last edited:
yes but the cost of 27k is including octroi and the interconnect cable with additional 6 m cables from amp to towers.

well the price i have mentioned includes all possible taxes,but how much does the cable cost.

rsivan
Stereo Amps
Hi........I am a novice in this feild. I purchased a Wharfadalle 9.5 stereo speakers with a power of 30-150W. Can anyone suggest a compatible amplifier to this. My budget is 40K. Have been looking at HT3380. have not tried Marantz or Sherwood. Any leads
Would definitely advise you to demo as many amps as possible....and if you can demo at home with your own speakers its best.....for 40k in Mumbai I suppose you can get a lot of choices....however IMHO Marantz, NAD and Rotel should definitely be on your list.....rather than Sherwood and HK...personally I have Cambridge Audio electronics with MS 902i speakers....all the best and welcome to the club

Ya Thumbs up to Rotel.
Problem is its budget gear priced as Mid Fi here.
Price aside i feel the RA -1062 and RA -1070 are very decent integrateds and better than RA-05/RA- 06 in my opinion.
Have owned a lot of Rotel gear and though they are beautiful to look at they tend to cause a bit of fatigue on longer listening sessions.
Rotels can be auditioned at AVI in mumbai.
Regards

Dear rsivan,

If you are having little more budjet check out Advance Acoustic at Boomerang at Juhu near prithwi theatre and you will be amazed with the sound and construction quality of the amplifier.

Homiyar.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back