Stereo Setup 2.1 for Music Listening

rajivaryan1984

Hi, looking for Suggestions to set up a Stereo 2.1 Setup for my office room purely for Music

Type of Songs - Bollywood, Ghazals
Source - Pioneer BDP-180, Yamaha WXC-50

Will Kef LSX will be a better option ?
What are the other good options I can look for at a budget of Rs 1 Lakh ?

Please advise....

Hi, looking for Suggestions to set up a Stereo 2.1 Setup for my office room purely for Music

Please advise....
You want to buy Amps, Speakers, DAC, CD Player? or exactly what?

@rajivaryan1984

For your reference

However since you already have a source and necessarily don't need an all in one, you can explore some other options for Active speakers + DAC
Speakers ( ~ 35/40k a pair)
i) Kali LP8
ii) Presonus Eris 3.5
iii) Adam T5V

DAC
i) Denafrip Ares II (80k)
ii) Soncoz LXD1 (22k)
iii) Metrum Flint (think 40k but not sure)

Any opinions about Indiq Audio..hearing a lot about them recently. Is it good for Ghazals and Bollywood music ?

Whatever you decide, please demo the speakers with YOUR gear. The demo at the outlet, with their equipment, is rarely the same sound you end up with your setup at home. Disappointment galore !

Please advise....

IMO Klipsch "The Fives" or "The Sixes" is what you should be looking at, its a total package with Heritage looks & lets you add sub if you need one later which i'm very sure you won't miss with these speakers :) Happy Diwali & shopping !!!

Indiq is also a good option. I have one and happy with it. Do audition them. I earlier was listening to KEFs with subwoofer attached. With Indiq, I don't feel a need for subs anymore.

IMO Klipsch "The Fives" or "The Sixes" is what you should be looking at, its a total package with Heritage looks & lets you add sub if you need one later which i'm very sure you won't miss with these speakers :) Happy Diwali & shopping !!!
I second this.. I have heard Klipsch The Sixes and I was very pleasantly surprised with their performance. It definitely packs a punch and looks good too. Haven't heard the Fives though.
Make sure you audition them. Good luck.

I recently bought Monitor audio Radius 90 and Yamaha WXA 50 amp for music listening and i can totally recommend these speakers, they sound crisp and clear even at low volume.

I recently bought Monitor audio Radius 90 and Yamaha WXA 50 amp for music listening and i can totally recommend these speakers, they sound crisp and clear even at low volume.
Aha!! Another MA radius speaker pair in Bangalore.
I have 4 of the little cubes (Radius 45s). Would be interesting to compare them side-by-side on the same rig
Enjoy your music.
Cheers,
Raghu

I second this.. I have heard Klipsch The Sixes and I was very pleasantly surprised with their performance. It definitely packs a punch and looks good too. Haven't heard the Fives though.
Make sure you audition them. Good luck.
Klipsh sixes have only 6.5 inch woofer ... is it good enough for bass ?

Bass sounded very good in the room which was very wide and not ideal.. so I'm pretty sure it will be good in a small to medium sized room. As long as you expect it to shake the room, you should be happy. I believe it has subwoofer option too.

Aha!! Another MA radius speaker pair in Bangalore.
I have 4 of the little cubes (Radius 45s). Would be interesting to compare them side-by-side on the same rig
Enjoy your music.
Cheers,
Raghu
Could these be attempted as 5.0s for home cinema?

Last edited:
Hi, happen to have auditioned them in a very big room, and I'd say they dig deep for real percussion and string instruments. Found them wanting in bass for hiphop.

Could these be attempted as 5.0s for home cinema?
Yes. I use it in a 3.1 configuration.
The sub takes care of 120 Hz and below.
Since my sub is placed near the speaker plane, localization is not very evident.
Not the best of HT setups; but it works "well enough" for our home and usage.

Cheers,
Raghu

So, I am thinking to finalize Harbeth P3ESR..any recommended IA to be used with the speakers as I was thinking to go for ARCAM S20...Kindly suggest

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back