Stereo setup - 2L budget

ShaQ.Blogs

Looking for towers and an Amp for music only for my cousin. Budget for both is 2 Lakh.

What are my options for speakers?
(Sub will be added later)

My cousins friend has offered to bring speakers / amp from the US. He is traveling soon. Would it make sense to buy anything from the US?

Looking for towers and an Amp for music only for my cousin. Budget for both is 2 Lakh.

What are my options for speakers?
(Sub will be added later)

My cousins friend has offered to bring speakers / amp from the US. He is traveling soon. Would it make sense to buy anything from the US?
Hello @ShaQ.Blogs
Long time no see (at least by me). I do remember your opinions when I got the KEF R300s in 2015.
Electronics it still makes sense to buy in US. There are good deals to be found.
Browse through Parasound's offerings. NewClassic line and Halo line.

Speakers of course should be what you cousin likes.
If going all-in-ones, there's the KEF LS50 Wireless 2 (Meta). Folks have been gushing about it.

Cheers,
Raghu

look for dali oberon 5, kef q950, focal aria 926, q acoustic concept 20/40 for speakers. You can audition them if they are available in your city to finalise your choice.

For poweramp, you can look for emotiva xpa2 gen3 or indiqaudio platinum saptak. They both are great options.

Apart from that keep some budget for cables as well.

I dont have much idea about good streamers or dac

Hello @ShaQ.Blogs
Long time no see (at least by me). I do remember your opinions when I got the KEF R300s in 2015.
Electronics it still makes sense to buy in US. There are good deals to be found.
Browse through Parasound's offerings. NewClassic line and Halo line.

Speakers of course should be what you cousin likes.
If going all-in-ones, there's the KEF LS50 Wireless 2 (Meta). Folks have been gushing about it.

Cheers,
Raghu
Don't log on much nowadays.
Hope my suggestions helped in some form or the other.

Will check them out. Thanks

look for dali oberon 5, kef q950, focal aria 926, q acoustic concept 20/40 for speakers. You can audition them if they are available in your city to finalise your choice.

For poweramp, you can look for emotiva xpa2 gen3 or indiqaudio platinum saptak. They both are great options.

Apart from that keep some budget for cables as well.

I dont have much idea about good streamers or dac
What do these speakers cost like in India?
Are they available for Audition in Bangalore?

After series of auditioning with a similar budget as your cousin has I zeroed in for IndiqAudio FS and Power Amp and added a WXC 50 as a stop gap streamer.
The Indiqaudio FS and Mono make an excellent pair and can sing very well.
great mids and lows and decent highs. Since you are in Bangalore, I feel you need to audition once before finalising. You wouldn’t be disappointed.
The PA has no comparison when it comes to what it has to offer but the FS is nothing less.
If you are not looking at Indian brand the next thing I feel is you need to look for is a Focal Aria 926 paired with a good IA like Roksan K2. It makes a good pair.

What do these speakers cost like in India?
Are they available for Audition in Bangalore?
I thought you were buying it in US, so, you should be concerned with US prices. AV components are priced obnoxiously high in india.

I think all of them are priced less than $800. and for places to audition them, @fLUX have a list of places, he can help in that.

I thought you were buying it in US, so, you should be concerned with US prices. AV components are priced obnoxiously high in india.

I think all of them are priced less than $800. and for places to audition them, @fLUX have a list of places, he can help in that.
I'm not aware what the prices are like. Comparing would give us an idea.

Hey @ShaQ.Blogs , you can find the audition places here below. Modern World Domlur is missing in this , they used to have Pioneer/Elac/Qacoustics for Demo (They have the Concept 40 as well from what i know)

If you go a little further you will find impressions for the auditioned speakers, but take it with a pinch of salt since none of the auditions were beyoned 30 minutes for a particular floorstander.

So getting home auditions is the key to get the right sound you desire and not may dealerships in Bangalore offer that unless you have some relationship with them or if you are able to convince them for it .

Most importantly they should be having an open piece in their store. Thats where I liked the offer from IndiqAudio and most people who have got their PA or speakers can relate to it.

Few things I’d like to add about IndiqAudio is the 3 years of warranty, they can customize the speaker cabinet's shade as per your choice and they offer 15 day trial period to help you assess how does the gear sound in the actual space.

I too took a leap of faith based on my interaction with their CEO and due to previously stated USPs and I am extremely glad that I went with them.

Give it a try!

Like @fLUX mentioned Modern Audio is a good place to audition Elac, Q Acoustics and Jamo and their pricing is good too. I have got my Elac’s from them and they are quite obliging compared to some of the other dealers in Bangalore.

So getting home auditions is the key to get the right sound you desire and not may dealerships in Bangalore offer that unless you have some relationship with them or if you are able to convince them for it .

Most importantly they should be having an open piece in their store. Thats where I liked the offer from IndiqAudio and most people who have got their PA or speakers can relate to it.

Few things I’d like to add about IndiqAudio is the 3 years of warranty, they can customize the speaker cabinet's shade as per your choice and they offer 15 day trial period to help you assess how does the gear sound in the actual space.

I too took a leap of faith based on my interaction with their CEO and due to previously stated USPs and I am extremely glad that I went with them.

Give it a try!

Like @fLUX mentioned Modern Audio is a good place to audition Elac, Q Acoustics and Jamo and their pricing is good too. I have got my Elac’s from them and they are quite obliging compared to some of the other dealers in Bangalore.
@Prodigy : What did you do with your Norge Amp? It is missing in your signature now !

@Prodigy : What did you do with your Norge Amp? It is missing in your signature now !
Long story short. After experiencing Saptak, It was difficult to switch over to Norge.
So installed at my dad's place. I had an old pair of Philips Speakers lying idle which came with an old HiFi system back in 2007. Hooked it up to the Norge and its singing mom's Bhajans in the mornings. :)

Hey @ShaQ.Blogs , you can find the audition places here below. Modern World Domlur is missing in this , they used to have Pioneer/Elac/Qacoustics for Demo (They have the Concept 40 as well from what i know)

If you go a little further you will find impressions for the auditioned speakers, but take it with a pinch of salt since none of the auditions were beyoned 30 minutes for a particular floorstander.
Awesome list @fLUX!!
Thanks a ton

Give it a try!

Is modern audio run by Palani?
Next to BDA complex?

A big thanks from my cousin.
He found the links extremely useful.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back