Stereo Setup for Bathroom? Budget 15,000

Try ATC scm 150 with meridian CDP :D

Yes this is an nice suggestion to know "How bad is labour pain"..:lol:

On topic...I personally prefer to sing in the shower, I sound better than anybody.. That is the only place where we love our voice while singing:p:p:p

On topic...I personally prefer to sing in the shower, I sound better than anybody.. That is the only place where we love our voice while singing:p:p:p[/QUOTE]

True :)

try getting a pair of active speakers and digital music player.

also work on the ventilation part. this should take care of the initial requirements..

There are various kind of noises in a bathroom like running water, flush, exhaust etc. I'd think a water resistant IEM would be a better choice.

Hire an live band to play and you be the lead vox while takng a shower at the same time!.....and viola! A new genre is born ShoweR'ock!

The best would be to keep your source and amplification outside, and use speakers that are made specially for bathrooms.

A pointer - here.

Cheers

Bathroom singing is famous because of small enclosed space with excess of echo and standing waves. The room itself is usually acoustically very bright. These factors though help most of the people who try to sing in bathrooms, are very bad for good sound reproduction. To reduce this most of the bathrooms that have music, don't have low frequency drivers and the music played is usually simple with not too many harmonics.

I simply use an inexpensive radio playing old Bollywood songs when I relax in the tub, which happens not too often.

Agree with what Venkatcr says ie source and amp out of the room.
Its not that your stuff would get splashed, rather that the moisture would kill it.

Also agree with Shivam that too much bass in small bathrooms can be very counter-productive.

Co-axial/dual cone/whizzer-coned Ceiling/Marine speakers from the likes of JBL, Boston, Telome, DNM or Iwai etc may be considered;
hooked up to a budget Norge amp like the 2030 or 1515 or even a tripath 2020 amp.

For the source, I suggest you go in for a Sansa clip 2gb @ about 2.5K with micro sd card memory expansion upto 32 gb. It plays flac and receives FM as well.

With the leftover cash, go in for a Fiio headphone amp (hook it up between source and amp) for about 600 bucks/ 1 grand.
HTH
Regards

Last edited:
As the size of the area is less go for car-audio solution. If I remember correct some car speakers on sale in our forum.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2

Another suggestion would be to use an mp3 player dock like altec lansing or Bose :)argue:) with remote and hook it up to your mp3 player/iPod. This setup will suffice for the bathroom.

simplest solution would be car speaker and source...they will also be more tolerant to the bad acoustic environment that a bathroom is with all the tiles, mirrors and small area...

Another suggestion would be to use an mp3 player dock like altec lansing or Bose :)argue:) with remote and hook it up to your mp3 player/iPod. This setup will suffice for the bathroom.

absolutely right vivek! a logitech s715i at 7.5k and one is all set!

Thank ou everyone for your response. My friend is getting for me Pok Outdoor speakers. Based on suggestions I wil pait it with a Topping amp and a cheap mp3 player. which i will place outside my washroom

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back