Stereo Setup for Bathroom? Budget 15,000

Zwischen

I am looking for a stereo setup for my washroom, since I spend a good 20-45 minutes in it on a daily basis. It makes sense to have a basic setup in it

my budget is a total of Rs 15,000/- for speakers + source

I would prefer a active speaker however am open to suggestions
Washroom size is 6feet x 8feet

I need something that will not succumb to moisture since it is a high condensation envoirment.

will be playing it at low volume levels but i am looking for slightly bloated bass at low volumes if possible
Music genre would be Lounge, Instrumental, Country, Classical and Ballads

I am not looking for very high sq since it will be passive listening 99.999% of the time.
But primary requirement is the equipment should to be able to withstand moisture but still sound decent enough

the only wall mountable place that I have is on either side of a 4feet mirror above my sink

Zwischen

Not a bad idea though... considering we spend such a lot of time in there.

I guess you could look at outdoor speakers. they are designed to take moisture abuse.
Polk, JBL, Boston all make them, I guess Hifimart also has some outdoor speakers

Source ---- I have absolutely no idea

Fellas, we have a setup back at our permanent home. Its my mom's den (bathroom of the Mst bedroom).

Sony CDP >> Quad 34 >> Quad 306 >> B&W CCM 65 (pair) Ceiling mounted

:lol: :lol: ... sounds truly brilliant ...

Last edited:
I think considering heavy moisture in washroom air we should think of cheaper solution something like pvc/plastic bodied computer speakers to start with so that you can look at the sustainability.

You can try car audio with marine speakers. There is already one JBL marine speakers w/ 4 channel amp with sub for sale in For Sale section.

I would rather try to find out a machine that cleans me from inside and outside in 5 minutes so that I am out on my listening chair listening to my regualar system :D or better: fitting WC anda shower in my listening room that will give precision wash without splashing water around.. Besides that, bathroom is not a good listening room. It will anyways give bloated bass i.e. Boominess due to reflections from smooth tiles and lack of furniture (unless someone has a lot of washproof furniture there). Off course this may not apply to bathroom that are bigger than 10X10.

... I was so helpless with laughter but.. I think I know what Zwischen feels like.. I carry my blutooth headset .. and spend some quality time too :D

One month back I had a near 'butkicker' experience in a house boat journey. Man what a vibration...:D:D

Back