Stereo setup in Denmark

tusharshukla1991

Hello All,

I recently moved to denmark and thinking of setting up a stereo setup in my bedroom (as HT will be too much hustle)
Anyway, the usage is more music (70:30) so i think stereo would be a way to go.
I need quality n not loudness as I live in an apartment and don't want to disturb neighbour in a foreign country.
I had marantz nr1508 n BA combo in india (thanks to this forum) and was thinking to get similar setup.
Sadly, there is no Amazon in Denmark, so I'll try to find some hifi shops on weekends.
Shall I go for active speakers?
How about polk s15+smsl?
Which brands should be cheaper here ( Dali?)

How much is your budget in Euro?.. How big (or) small is the room?.. Room dimensions?..

Check amazon.de if they can deliver to your place..

Hi @elangoas : room size is 12*14 (approx) but i don't want very loud sound. I also want little portability so that i can move them or even bring them to India if I fell in love with them :p

Thanks @panditji and @mpw... I'll check these brands (never heard of them)
How about Dali and B&O

Amazon.de ship to Denmark but Dali price on amazon.de is almost similar to prices in India.
Check out local store where u can get it at a relatively cheaper price as Dali is a local brand in Denmark.

Hello all,

Lyngdorf ana Amphion are way above my budget. My budget would be max 50k.
I checked Amazon.de delivers here and a local shop had wharfadale and Polk for 1400dkk (~Rs17000)
I'll try to find out sites for used items

Hi @elangoas : room size is 12*14 (approx) but i don't want very loud sound. I also want little portability so that i can move them or even bring them to India if I fell in love with them :p

No no... 50k rupees...

If you just wish for 2.0 set-up, then spend less on amplifier, get SMSL Q5 Pro (or) the likes of other digital amps and get a Klipsch FS for the remaining money.. Klipsch FS since they are rated with very high sensitivity and should be able to fill your modest room with ease..

I don't think Bluetooth speaker can compete with 2.0 or 2.1 setup. B&O are crazy expensive, are they worth??

@elangoas : Cambridge AM10

Their new bluetooth speakers are excellent, room filling speakers and extremely good looking..They can be easily placed and you can easily carry them back with you to India in case you like..No harm in hearing them as I assume they will be available at just about any electronics store in Copanhagen.. I swear the thought of selling my rig came to my mind on hearing and seeing the larger one from B&O.

@elangoas : Cambridge AM10

Seems Cambridage AM10 has only analogue inputs only stereo amplifier.. I would still suggest SMSL Q5 Pro over Cambridge AM10, for it has inbuilt DAC and all the digital inputs.. Also i guess price must be lesser, incase you are leaning towards inexpensive set-up..

Anyways, choose based on your needs and how you plan to connect them..

What would be your source (connectivity) for the amplifier?..

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back