Stereo Setup

How are you going to set up the infeed to the DAC? If it is wired, then the DAC must preferably have a USB input, and if wireless is possible, then i would suggest the Squeezebox Touch. It lets you wirelessly stream music from your computer (including all formats, including FLAC) and if you want additionally to back up music to your external hard disk, then that HDD can also be attached with the Squeezebox Touch.

I use Accuphase amp, with plug in board for DAC, and use Squeezebox touch taking music from my iMac, and life is cool

and what is really good price?

Lets say below 40K including all taxes, person selling is a good friend and doesn't want me to reveal name or actual price.

How are you going to set up the infeed to the DAC? If it is wired, then the DAC must preferably have a USB input, and if wireless is possible, then i would suggest the Squeezebox Touch. It lets you wirelessly stream music from your computer (including all formats, including FLAC) and if you want additionally to back up music to your external hard disk, then that HDD can also be attached with the Squeezebox Touch.

Logitech SQB Touch ordered should be with me around the same time the speakers reach me (Abt 2 weeks approx).

Akhil,

I took a demo of the epos M12i with Nad and Creek Evo, just as you had suggested. It was good but didnt, suite my taste though.

On the other hand the Dali's were the ones which I really liked.

And that is what matters. :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Thread Update

Recieved 1 pair of Dali Ikon 2 mk 2 in Black Ash last night!

I have temporarily set it up with my AVR - Yamaha RX-V463. Its sounding good but a little bassy at the moment.

Now I am on the hunt for a good amp to go with it. Any suggestions guys? Preferably one with a MM phono input :D

Pics shortly!

B Rgds,
Raj.

Thread Update

Recieved 1 pair of Dali Ikon 2 mk 2 in Black Ash last night!

I have temporarily set it up with my AVR - Yamaha RX-V463. Its sounding good but a little bassy at the moment.

Now I am on the hunt for a good amp to go with it. Any suggestions guys? Preferably one with a MM phono input :D

Pics shortly!

B Rgds,
Raj.

How much did you pay for the speakers?

I have always wanted to have a tube amp, but the constant shifting around never allowed me the pleasure to even listen to one. Now is probably my chance :D

Anyone know of a place in Chennai where I can audition a Lyrita?

B Rgds,
Raj.

First things first
Thanks a lot Rajiv for having me over, it was really a lovely 4 hours that I spent at your place listening to music and interacting with you. I came back very very impressed by the DIY speakers, 2A3 SET amp, your passion, knowledge in music and your interest to share.

I still distinctly remember the sound of Art Pepper's Sax, the Nippon soul mono recording, The voice of Janis Ian and Billy Joel. All still fresh in my mind.

After a bit of a quick discussion with Mr Viren, I have gone ahead and ordered the GM70 from Lyrita, now I wait.

In the meantime, a very lovely Logitech Squeezebox arrived in 4 days flat from Amazon.com its super awesome, a breeze to setup and its already streaming music from my home nas.

First things first
Thanks a lot Rajiv for having me over, it was really a lovely 4 hours that I spent at your place listening to music and interacting with you. I came back very very impressed by the DIY speakers, 2A3 SET amp, your passion, knowledge in music and your interest to share.

I still distinctly remember the sound of Art Pepper's Sax, the Nippon soul mono recording, The voice of Janis Ian and Billy Joel. All still fresh in my mind.

After a bit of a quick discussion with Mr Viren, I have gone ahead and ordered the GM70 from Lyrita, now I wait.

In the meantime, a very lovely Logitech Squeezebox arrived in 4 days flat from Amazon.com its super awesome, a breeze to setup and its already streaming music from my home nas.

Hi Rajgopal,

Your welcome.It was my pleasure having you over.

I enjoyed disscussing Jawa motorcycles and aero modeling, with you. Brought back memories from way back.

Congratulations on your new audio purchases.I would love to visit and listen to your system once your amp.arrives.

Regards
Rajiv

How about Min da or Doge8 clarity Amp and CD player? I havent tried myself.
:clapping:

-> They have been rated the best in few forums

Thanks
Venkat

Back