Stereo setup

VOiLA

Hi Guys.
I want to buy new speakers for music. As i already have Xonar DX Sound Card and Logitech z5500 (Tired of its BOOM BOOM and not so good satellites).
My budget is 25k.

Type of Music i like ?
1) I listen to Hip-Hop/Rap/RnB/Psychedelic Trance/Hindi/Punjabi/Rock and classic sometimes.
2) I Would love to hear all the instruments and voices in the track. In short I want detailed and clear output with good sound reproduction.
3) I like the bass when it goes Low Low Low Low Low Low and prefer tight/musical not Boom Boom with no quality reduction.

I only play FLAC.
Narrowed down some.

1) Behringer MS40
2) Edirol MA-15D
3) Audioengine AE5

OR Bookshelves + Amp ?

I am so confused !

Help Help !!

Last edited:
Bookshelves+Amp anyday.

Some options could be
1.Norge 2060/1000 + Wharfedale diamond 9.1/9.2 (not suitable for hip-hop I guess)
2.Cambridge Audio S30 + Norge Amp
3.Mission M33i (floorstanders) + Norge Amp.
4.Polk Tsi-200 + Norge Amp

I dont know of any other amp which could be clubbed with speakers at this price range.

The wharfedales are all rounders but dont do rock music that well :sad:

Bookshelves+Amp anyday.

Some options could be
1.Norge 2060/1000 + Wharfedale diamond 9.1/9.2 (not suitable for hip-hop I guess)
2.Cambridge Audio S30 + Norge Amp
3.Mission M33i (floorstanders) + Norge Amp.
4.Polk Tsi-200 + Norge Amp

I dont know of any other amp which could be clubbed with speakers at this price range.

The wharfedales are all rounders but dont do rock music that well :sad:
Yes. Your are absolutely right about the amp. i am getting that for 7600/-

i can put in more 4k i.e 25k.

How are the Diamond 10.1 and PSB Alpha B1 ?

I would prefer diamond 9.2 over 10.1 as the front porting makes them easier for placement even tough I haven't heard the 10.1.
Also try out the norge bookshelves.
I have not heard the PSB Alpha B1.

Best option is to go out and listen to them yourself.That is better than any opinion you are going to get.

Last edited:
I would prefer diamond 9.2 over 10.1 as the front porting makes them easier for placement even tough I haven't heard the 10.1.
Also try out the norge bookshelves.
I have not heard the PSB Alpha B1.

Best option is to go out and listen to them yourself.That is better than any opinion you are going to get.
you are probably right. Where can i audition the brands that you have mentioned in your last post ?
Also, is the dual mid bass in the polk tsi is really worth ?

Hi Voila
Delhi audio scene is not too good.
You can audition polk @ sound n image in Okhla Industrial area (close to Nathu sweets). Call up Rajan Gera (number is on profx website) - they're helpful people in terms of auditioning.
CA is stocked by FXe in CR Park - gentleman called Shane. Sorry dont have that number.
If you're OK with Jamo, they can be auditioned in Noida - shop called Top Gizmos (sector 18). I did post another thread earlier with that information.
PSB, etc I havent come across in Delhi.
Wharfedale is in Dwarka - Bass n Treble - Danny Jose. helpful guy.
Good luck
Vaibhav
ps for exact info use the search feature and there's a thread called 'audio dealers in delhi/NCR' which yours truly had started few months ago - check that out!

Hi Voila
Delhi audio scene is not too good.
You can audition polk @ sound n image in Okhla Industrial area (close to Nathu sweets). Call up Rajan Gera (number is on profx website) - they're helpful people in terms of auditioning.
CA is stocked by FXe in CR Park - gentleman called Shane. Sorry dont have that number.
If you're OK with Jamo, they can be auditioned in Noida - shop called Top Gizmos (sector 18). I did post another thread earlier with that information.
PSB, etc I havent come across in Delhi.
Wharfedale is in Dwarka - Bass n Treble - Danny Jose. helpful guy.
Good luck
Vaibhav
ps for exact info use the search feature and there's a thread called 'audio dealers in delhi/NCR' which yours truly had started few months ago - check that out!
yeah. thanks. i did that.

So peple ? :sad:
EDIT: what is the price of Definitive Technology SuperCube II in New Delhi ?

Last edited:
Hi Voila,
I have offered my opinion regarding Norge and Wharfedale combination in many posts in this forum. You may get it all thru "Advanced search", put "Keyword as Norge and "User" as Sonosphere.

Wharfe 9.2 will give you the "Low Low" bass you are looking for at 14k approx. No other BS will go that low at that price (low till 40Hz approx ...that is not just on paper... it can make your window panes shake... And i haven't found it boomy...though correct speaker placement within a room is important for freq below 80Hz)

Regards,

Hi Guys.
I want to buy new speakers for music. As i already have Xonar DX Sound Card and Logitech z5500 (Tired of its BOOM BOOM and not so good satellites).
My budget is 25k.

Type of Music i like ?
1) I listen to Hip-Hop/Rap/RnB/Psychedelic Trance/Hindi/Punjabi/Rock and classic sometimes.
2) I Would love to hear all the instruments and voices in the track. In short I want detailed and clear output with good sound reproduction.
3) I like the bass when it goes Low Low Low Low Low Low and prefer tight/musical not Boom Boom with no quality reduction.

I only play FLAC.
Narrowed down some.

1) Behringer MS40
2) Edirol MA-15D
3) Audioengine AE5

OR Bookshelves + Amp ?

I am so confused !

Help Help !!

For Hip hop R&B Rap and classical you need a good sub. Audioengine paired wiht a good sub would be my choice. 2.1 system would do the job for you.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back