Stereo sound from 5.1 Surround Sound

antriksh

Hi all,
I am new to this, but as far as i know YAMAHA YHT-Series does a marvelous job for 5.1 surround sound for your home TV, but will anyone please tell me can these HTIB also work as stereo amplifier suitable for dialogues(Movies/Serials), Music and Movies (TV/USB)?

If they can, than which model? I was interested in YHT-2910.
And if they can't than what should i buy (Budget=50K)?
:sad::sad::sad:

All AVRs will have a direct mode, stereo mode, pure direct, etc. or something along those lines.

Selecting that will mean the AVR does not do any processing (well actually some processing is always done). This option will do the least processing and is ideal for stereo and music.

For music the real difference (in terms of quality) will come from the speakers (HTIB will do an ok job here) and then the DAC. Get good speakers and a good DAC and yes you can use an AVR too for the amplification. Stereo amplifiers will have an edge - but that's only the really expensive ones - most mid-fi integrated stereo amps will deliver just about the same as any good AVR will.

It depends upon the source audio codec ,if it is a 2 channel ,you can hear in stereo,direct,pure direct mode or by using Dolby Prologic II /DTS Neo 6 mode you can convert the two channel or mono channel into pseudo 5.1 surround (it is not as original as 5.1 effect but you can still hear 5.1 )
In case if the audio source is having Dolby digital/DTS 5.1 or dolby true HD /DTS HD master audio codec then you can hear original 5.1 effects ,if required you can convert the same to stereo if prefered .However it is good to hear in the original 5.1 .

For music it is good to hear in stereo /direct /pure diect mode.
Most of the TV channel audio will be in 2 channel only .expect for some of the HD channel like starmovies,Movies now,discovery HD will be in dolby digital 5.1. (You need to check with your service provider like tata sky or Videocon d2h to enquire the same for 5.1 channels)

Hey, thanks man but I am confused what should i buy all i want is an AVR which can deliver Crystal clear sound so that it doesn't create any problems for dialogues while watching News, Movies or TV Serials and give good Surround sound when needed.

Hi

If you are looking for good stereo delivery from an AVR then you need to look at NAD or Marantz AVRs....the LX series of Pioneer ....these do a damn good job for stereo music and I used all of them....currently using Marantz for the past 4 years through changes in models.....never been disappointed.

Last edited:
Hey, thanks man but I am confused what should i buy all i want is an AVR which can deliver Crystal clear sound so that it doesn't create any problems for dialogues while watching News, Movies or TV Serials and give good Surround sound when needed.

Nowadays most of the AVR has the ARC (Audio return channel) via HDMI and pass through function.
When watching News and TV serials you can switch over to TV audio only. Not even to switch on the AVR.(Can be on standby mode).
when you want to watch movies etc,you can send the TV audio via ARC or by using optical cable to the AVR to hear 5.1 audio when needed.

Sorry guys for my non availability, actually I broke my hand, So.....

Any ways guys after reading all ur replies and various other posts, I thought 5.1 is not what I want.

All I want is a good 2.1 setup with crystal clear sound that would be working with my TV all d time, and of course can be used for party.

Guys I think integrated amp will be good for my living room (16*20) with a pair of floor standing speakers.
Budget=50K
???????????

Hi

Possibly a 2.1 system should work out if that is what you feel would work....see Stereo amps from NAD, Marantz, Denon, etc...

Audition and decide...

If budget is a challenge, see pre owned stuff available in For Sale by owner section or hifi ads..

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back