stereo speaker suggestions needed

Rem

I am planning to build a stereo system with one of the CD players and Amps given below.

CD Player - Cambridge Audio 640C V2/Marantz CD6002
Amplifier - Cambridge Audio 640A V2/Marantz PM6002

I would like to know your suggestions regarding the speakers to go with it. I am looking for speakers below 50k so I imagine its better to look for decent quality bookshelf speakers rather than go for low end floor standing ones.

The one I have auditioned are

Mordaunt Short Mezzo 2 - Which were just sensational with CA amp and CD player especially considering it costs onl 26k.

I also heard some Sonodynes which I thought did not come anywhere near the Mezzos performance.

The one I need to audition are

B&W 685 - If you guys could tell me where I can get this auditioned in Bangalore.

Dali Lektor 1 - I got no idea how much they would cost but need to check them out since Dali's do make some very good speakers

Monitor Audio Silver RS1

Dali Ikon 2

Epos M12.2

I listen to all kinds of music. If you have any suggestions regarding any other speakers amp(around 25k) or CD(25k) player within the price range do let me know.

Thankyou
Rem

CD Player - Cambridge Audio 640C V2/Marantz CD6002
Amplifier - Cambridge Audio 640A V2/Marantz PM6002

From were you are buying These I am also Interested and Think about Polk RTi series

Epos M12.2 you can audition and get from
REFERENCE POINT
No:8 ,12th cross,1st stage,
Indranagar, Bangalore 560038
080- 25257246

Last edited:
hi rem
you can audition the B&Ws at modern world, domlur. otherwise focal should be a good choice for you.

Hey! Haven't heard any spk as listed except the B&W 685 so can't comment. As for the 685 i feel it is over priced in india aslo there are better spk around.

IMO you should also audition the tannoy's. You can try the Custom F1 or the Reveal 6.
You can audition them at Music Ranch(080-26532145).
They most probably aslo deals in marantz.

One more option could be the Usher 520. The distrbutor's name is Shridhar(Forum Name:-Odyssey) search for his details on the forum.
All the best.
Cheers.

From were you are buying These I am also Interested and Think about Polk RTi series

Epos M12.2 you can audition and get from
REFERENCE POINT
No:8 ,12th cross,1st stage,
Indranagar, Bangalore 560038
080- 25257246

M plannig to get it from Bangalore since I currently reside here. I have auditioned the Mezzo 2's with CA 640A and 640 C and it was awesome . Need to audition some more today I might audition the Tannoys and would like to audition B&W by this weekend though everyones saying its overpriced.

Is Polk that good coz they got some floor standers within my budgets but i was not sure about how good they were that is why i did not add it in my list.

IMO you would be better off with the other spk's in your list, but sound is all abt personal choice so if you can, give a listen.
All the best.
Cheers

Possibly you could try iQ7 (priced about 60,000) or iQ5 (about 37000) from KEF. These are available at Fxpro. I did not hear the iQ7, but I really liked the iQ5.

Polkaudio speakers generally sound a bit bright for my taste.

Hey

Mezzos has got good reviews arount. They are Ok ,little metalic behavior.Dosent suit all type of music. Quad 11Ls are better choice. Audition them. Try Tannoy Custom F1 terrific speakers for price. Good Luck

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back