Stereo speakers under 1.5 lakhs

Recently came across Jamo D590 with Roksan amplifier in in What Hi-fi show, Mumbai. Controlled and agile bass.

Sent from my Le X507 using Tapatalk

I would suggest you to definitely audition the Dali Opticon speakers. They should fit your speaker budget, and many would agree that you cannot go wrong with Dali. Moreover, one thing that I noticed with Dali is that, their pricing is very fair.. in the sense, there isn't much of a mark up compared to the Europe rates; and it is even lesser than the European rates in some models.

I have almost finalised wharfedale Jade 3 or 5. Confused between these two.
Which preamp / power amp or integrated amp or tube or solid state
Remote is compulsory. It should be warm sounding ( this is must)
Music source- YouTube, mp3 from phones.
User is my uncle. Don't criticize me for using such audio sources .

Since you have already beaten us to the line on critique of audio sources :) then let me critique on why spend so much on Jade 3/5. You probably can still get very nice speakers (including FS) which will cost you less and still make the source sound appetizing. I may have missed the context of your purchase and hence this question. Buy a neutral sounding speaker and pair it with a tube amp for the warmth. I guess Monitor Audio should be a good bet for the sound signature?

I would suggest you to definitely audition the Dali Opticon speakers. They should fit your speaker budget, and many would agree that you cannot go wrong with Dali. Moreover, one thing that I noticed with Dali is that, their pricing is very fair.. in the sense, there isn't much of a mark up compared to the Europe rates; and it is even lesser than the European rates in some models.

pls also keep in mind that the Dali Opticons are 4 ohm speakers.. so that AV receiver should be matched accordingly. just a heads up.

adding an emotiva XPA2 power amplifier for these speakers would be a very good option.

Since you have already beaten us to the line on critique of audio sources :) then let me critique on why spend so much on Jade 3/5. You probably can still get very nice speakers (including FS) which will cost you less and still make the source sound appetizing. I may have missed the context of your purchase and hence this question. Buy a neutral sounding speaker and pair it with a tube amp for the warmth. I guess Monitor Audio should be a good bet for the sound signature?

movies will be through blurays
Suggest tube amps with remote
Suggest a complete system for this use and budget.
Wanted a system which could make this sources sound the best possible at this price.

movies will be through blurays
Suggest tube amps with remote
Suggest a complete system for this use and budget.
Wanted a system which could make this sources sound the best possible at this price.

Since the focus is on warm sound with movie level bass, I would recommend Lyrita Audio speakers + their tube amps + sub. I have heard the Horn Petite and they are excellent speakers in pairing with their SET integrated amps. The whole set up should be with 1.5-1.75L I am guessing. Not sure of the remote part for the amp though.

For the thump, it is always better to go with a sub woofer as getting the same level from a FS will require you to spend significantly more.I haven't really gone through a list of S/W so not much help. There are plenty of good brands to with such as REL, Velodyne, SVS etc so take your pick. They range from 30K to 1L going by your requirement.

In my opinion, going down a combo of Jade/equivalent plus separates for pre-power (including amps from Emotiva) will easily stretch the whole budget beyond 3.5-4L going by the prices I had read at least a couple of years back.

What about schiit freya preamp with a emotiva power amp or quad m-power ?

I've read a lot deal on schiit Freya and Saga preamps; seems that good number of people are facing unusual click sounds which are annoying. Saga seems to be a better VFM option if you don't need balanced outputs.
The mixed reviews have been a bit problematic before pulling the trigger, unless someone in the forum gives a clear picture or until somehow we could audition them ; I've put the purchase on hold.

Emotiva and Quad power amps are highly popular so shouldn't be tough call if you decide on the preamp.

the ATC scm bookshelf and the audiovector QR1 bookshelf
would be my top choices in a 1.5L budget

used you can see if you get a dynaudio contour ( difficult )

ATC requires a big amp though ( so please keep in mind )

I've read a lot deal on schiit Freya and Saga preamps; seems that good number of people are facing unusual click sounds which are annoying. Saga seems to be a better VFM option if you don't need balanced outputs.
The mixed reviews have been a bit problematic before pulling the trigger, unless someone in the forum gives a clear picture or until somehow we could audition them ; I've put the purchase on hold.

Emotiva and Quad power amps are highly popular so shouldn't be tough call if you decide on the preamp.

clicking sound is from the volume knob and that's normal as mentioned on their website.

clicking sound is from the volume knob and that's normal as mentioned on their website.
Yeah I am aware of that part, there are other sounds, hums etc mentioned ; people have returned it back for these issues. It is too early to conclude, some say the stock tubes are of average quality so,
I'd still wait before taking a call.

Since you're streaming from YouTube etc, the volume and pause can be controlled at source level as well. Remote for preamp may not be a must in that case.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Audition NHT C3, top rated audiophile 3 way bookshelf speakers.
C-3 has bass response down to 40Hz, making a subwoofer optional instead of a necessity when listening to music.
This model carries on the tradition of NHTs best bookshelf design providing a wide soundstage, excellent dispersion and detail typically found only in the most expensive designs.

Sent from my SM-A700FD using Tapatalk

Yeah I am aware of that part, there are other sounds, hums etc mentioned ; people have returned it back for these issues. It is too early to conclude, some say the stock tubes are of average quality so,
I'd still wait before taking a call.

Since you're streaming from YouTube etc, the volume and pause can be controlled at source level as well. Remote for preamp may not be a must in that case.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

I have been considering schiit Freya for my Genelec speakers too. Want a dedicated preamp for them.

Which model of Genelac you're owning? Can't they be directly connected to Source or DAC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which model of Genelac you're owning? Can't they be directly connected to Source or DAC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
currently connected to cxn . It has a digital preamp.I want a tube amp for warmth. Coz genelec speakers are bit on brighter side.
Using genelec 8040b with 7060b subwoofer.
Source needs to have volume control

How is the sound quality of Dali opticon ..they are warm or bright ?I never heard in person ..I am looking for height speaker not atmos but using with NeoX,currently have jamo c93 but it is a overkill..

How is the sound quality of Dali opticon ..they are warm or bright ?I never heard in person ..I am looking for height speaker not atmos but using with NeoX,currently have jamo c93 but it is a overkill..

I too have not heard the opticon personally. But I have the Ikon 6, which was replaced by the Opticon series. And I absolutely love the Ikon. And If you have heard the zensors and liked them, then probably the Opticon should definitely be better!

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back