Straight shootout! Dali zensor 3 vs Elac B6 vs Kef Q100

• Thread starter Deleted member 38504
  • Start date
Hi Celester340

As mentioned below, everyone has a different sense of hearing music at various levels and have specific expectations....

I would say the way you choose the AVR, trust your instincts and decide on the bookshelf speakers as you are the ultimate user / owner.

Most important to keep in mind is after sales service and replacement of parts

Great thanks for all the inputs, I have heard the dali, and I have a subwoofer to help the dali where it lacks, I guess which is the lows.

I'm going to have a listen to the kefs q100 soon.

The kef q300 and 500 are waaaaay over the budget.

Like I said, these three speakers are in the same budget.

Thanks. Going to keep all this in mind.

Whats the update? Did you get to hear any speakers?

End of the month buddy,cause will buy when salary comes :-D

So end of the month will go and hear the kef100.

Dali and Elac don't need to audition!

End of the month buddy,cause will buy when salary comes :-D

So end of the month will go and hear the kef100.

Dali and Elac don't need to audition!

Hmmm okay. Also check out some hifi hot deal on Boston Acoustics bookshelves. Claim to have 5* rating from whathifi. See if you can get a review from someone owning them.

MaSh

Hmmm okay. Also check out some hifi hot deal on Boston Acoustics bookshelves. Claim to have 5* rating from whathifi. See if you can get a review from someone owning them.
MaSh
I use a Boston Acoustics SoundWare XS 5.1 as a home theatre. Good value for money speakers. Not in the same league of the Bose Jewel Cubes, but good sound and good base.

I use a Boston Acoustics SoundWare XS 5.1 as a home theatre. Good value for money speakers. Not in the same league of the Bose Jewel Cubes, but good sound and good base.

Thats good. I had a sub from the Boston Acoustics xs 2.1. Served me well till it died a couple of months ago.

MaSh

I used the BA Soundware XS 5.1 for almost 2 years...sold the cubes only and still have the sub at my mom's place....works like a charm....indeed value for money...

Elacs are good if you forgive its boxy outlook. Sound is superior in some aspects to Dali. But for long running Elacs are sharper for Ears so it would be tiresome after some time. I dont about Dali but would wouch for Wharfedales Jade or Tannoys for warmer sound. Take your pic.

Elacs are good if you forgive its boxy outlook. Sound is superior in some aspects to Dali. But for long running Elacs are sharper for Ears so it would be tiresome after some time. I dont about Dali but would wouch for Wharfedales Jade or Tannoys for warmer sound. Take your pic.
Its a 2 year old thread.;). Celester is already on his 5th set of speakers..

Yes Celester loves to keep updating and searching for the final set of speakers which will give him Bliss..... ;)

And I keep looking for "For Sale" section from Celester, though without shipping :)

Shipping and packing is a serious pain and sometimes not worth the effort. Plus the extra stress wrt whether the package has reached destination in one piece or not.

All three above speakers are great but I have something better now lol :p

Excellent,thanks Raghu,I am definitely looking for something that's not overkill for my amp. And warmer than the polks. Great,thank you.

I have heard all the 3 of them.
Q300 if in contention, is definitely best of the lot, I'd avoid q100 mainly because of the slightly less bodied vocals. They're very good for Surrounds though. You can compare them to zensor 1 not zensor 3 in my opinion.

Out of the 3 mentioned, Dali Zensor 3 is much preferred from my side, if you are looking for a good midrange and detailed highs. The resolution Dali offers for the price point is simply unbeatable. Elac B6 is has a better bass than Dali in my opinion.
The Sound Signature of Kef Q300 is one which I liked a lot, I'd prefer it over Dali Zensor 3. in fact there wasn't any good reason to prefer Q900 over Q300 other than better bass as the price difference was quite high. Also Kef need a Powerful amp to drive them to their true potential. They're Loud Warm and quite engaging. In short, they improvise on Wharfedale and Polk on all possible ways.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back