• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Strange problem with onkyo 340 R receiver

Marantz offers at HiFiMART.com

anm

This receiver is the bundled receiver in htib 3100.
The problem is - when I switch on the power, the standby light goes on, and then slowly dies off in few seconds. If I switch on within that time, it works fine. Otherwise, it just goes powerless.
I tried switching off from wall switch without going to standby first. When I switch back on, the receiver comes up back in full power mode and works fine. There is something wrong with the standby it seems.

I recently moved it out of my living room to my bedroom, and thought I would connect it back today. Ate up good amount of my time.
Also the FM seems dead, I have not attached the antenna as yet - but shouldn't it give me some noisy output?
I do not have a spare FM antenna, I have used the one that came with it with the receiver in living room. Any idea where can I find a spare one?

regards

suprateep

This receiver is the bundled receiver in htib 3100.
The problem is - when I switch on the power, the standby light goes on, and then slowly dies off in few seconds. If I switch on within that time, it works fine. Otherwise, it just goes powerless.
I tried switching off from wall switch without going to standby first. When I switch back on, the receiver comes up back in full power mode and works fine. There is something wrong with the standby it seems.

I recently moved it out of my living room to my bedroom, and thought I would connect it back today. Ate up good amount of my time.
Also the FM seems dead, I have not attached the antenna as yet - but shouldn't it give me some noisy output?
I do not have a spare FM antenna, I have used the one that came with it with the receiver in living room. Any idea where can I find a spare one?

regards

Onkyo 606 gives no output when the antenna is not connected. Only when i connect the antenna it gives static and other noises and reception sometimes (am in a building surrounded on all sides).

You can use a cable wire and attach wires via a socket that connects to the FM jack (available at any cable/hi fi shop). Most of the time because of the cable itslef the FM reception is picked up nicely. Added to this you can extend this cable to outside your window with a small metal plate attached on the other end. Better reception :clapping:

Reactions: anm

spirovious

Pls,dont beleive on LED,sometimes you can play AVR without LED on.
In my case AVR display & LED wild go off.I cleaned display internally & now everything is OK:yahoo:

anm

once the led is down, pressing on button has no impact on the avr, can't switch it on then. I have learnt to live with that time out for now - will call onkyo service soon.