Streamer options

Orez

Hi,

A lot of streaming in the house is done via Gaana, Saavn via a mobile. Looking for a streamer which can connect to these services and to an amplifier, am assuming Chromecast built in is the fastest way. Are there such devices available (not looking for Bluetooth/ Airplay, or playing options via a PC). Is there any streamer with the following:
1. HDMI to connect to my TV ARC
2. USB to plug in drives to play from directly.
3. Ability to stream Gaana, Saavn Ruth needing CCA
4. Connect to amplifier

Am aware of options like WXC-50 but it doesn't do everything above. Can someone help with options please.

I was looking for a similar solution but within a budget. I ended up using my RPi3 with volumio. I got an Allo dac . So RPI is connected to Amp and u can stream through mobile. So all your points are ticked except 2nd one. I have still not tried the USB.
Acoustic Portrait streamer will also do the job. I am eyeing it too.

I was looking for a similar solution but within a budget. I ended up using my RPi3 with volumio. I got an Allo dac . So RPI is connected to Amp and u can stream through mobile. So all your points are ticked except 2nd one. I have still not tried the USB.
Acoustic Portrait streamer will also do the job. I am eyeing it too.
could you please explain in detail.Actually i have been seeing this a lot around but not sure wat or how to do it?

I was looking for a similar solution but within a budget. I ended up using my RPi3 with volumio.
Thanks @kingshuk ,
Couple of queries on Volumio
1. Can we play Gaana, Saavn/ any streaming service through Volumio because from the site it seems they have standard integrations with Spotify etc but not others
2. Is the stream once started, need the mobile to be on or does RPi take over (like in Chromecast enabled devices)

Will check the Acoustic Potrait option, thanks for pointing it out

Thanks @kingshuk ,
1. Can we play Gaana, Saavn/ any streaming service through Volumio because from the site it seems they have standard integrations with Spotify etc but not others
2. Is the stream once started, need the mobile to be on or does RPi take over (like in Chromecast enabled devices)

so wat abt the airplay 2 or BT is also my ques.say i just want a dig coax and opt out and also airplay 2 +hires BT...then wat all should i buid?

Thanks @kingshuk ,

There are multiple players. Have tried Pi core player, rune, moode and few others but for airplay Volumio worked out best. I use Youtube and Amazon which works . Havent tried Gaana or Saavn.
There are other members using RPI. Hopefully they can confirm if they have used Gaana/Saavn.

With these options RPI is a headless player. So you do control it with your mobile. The screen does not have to be on if that is what you are asking.

i can buy a rapi4.but wat next?
These videos should give a pretty good idea about what you require , next steps and what are the possibilities.

I am planning to buy another RPI. Confused between RPI4 and Asus tinker board S. Would like to know if anyone is using Asus Tinker board?

Was wondering if the music is being streamed via phone into RPi (like Bluetooth) or just being controlled by phone but being directly streamed into RPi.
With these options RPI is a headless player. So you do control it with your mobile. The screen does not have to be on if that is what you are asking.

Phone will be just for controlling..it will be streaming directly to RPi. Also USB playback is possible.. even you can store your music files within the memory card if its of reasonable size.

I use an NVidia Shield.

Earlier it was connected via HDMI to my TV and the TV optical out was connected to my Marantz PM6006.

Now have moved to the Denon DRA800H AV receiver. So Shield via HDMI to Denon.

The Shield also supports USB drives and external HDD. Has built in Chromecast. I used in the past for Spotify and Amazon Music. Not sure if Gaana and Saavn apps are in the app store but it can always be sideloaded.

Expensive if imported into India though as it is not officially available here

I am using Allo Digione player with volumio, it is based on Rpi4. It can play through usb drive and even a 2tb hdd. It streams directly through the rpi and mobile works only as a controller.
Even I would like to know how can I stream Gaana on volumio?

Hi,

A lot of streaming in the house is done via Gaana, Saavn via a mobile. Looking for a streamer which can connect to these services and to an amplifier, am assuming Chromecast built in is the fastest way. Are there such devices available (not looking for Bluetooth/ Airplay, or playing options via a PC). Is there any streamer with the following:
1. HDMI to connect to my TV ARC
2. USB to plug in drives to play from directly.
3. Ability to stream Gaana, Saavn Ruth needing CCA
4. Connect to amplifier

Am aware of options like WXC-50 but it doesn't do everything above. Can someone help with options please.
Nvidia Shield is may be a good option for you, I am using shield as a streamer and to watch TV and sometime use HDMI ARC or USB out of Shield.

My Chain is Shield > TV (HDMI) > DAC (USB) >Integrated Amplifier > Speakers.

My objective is to use "Shield" without switching on the display. By utilizing the USB out in Shield, i can control the shield through "shield remote" app and another app named ''Yatse" to play music content in HDD or USB stick.

Will use Spotify, Youtube or Amazon music to directly cast in shield, "Intune" for radio. Which ever app is not available directly to download in Shield, you can "sideload" and use.

I am also looking for building a streamer using RPi 4B + hifiberry.

Cheers.

Nvidia Shield is may be a good option for you, I am using shield as a streamer and to watch TV and sometime use HDMI ARC or USB out of Shield.

My Chain is Shield > TV (HDMI) > DAC (USB) >Integrated Amplifier > Speakers.

My objective is to use "Shield" without switching on the display. By utilizing the USB out in Shield, i can control the shield through "shield remote" app and another app named ''Yatse" to play music content in HDD or USB stick.

Will use Spotify, Youtube or Amazon music to directly cast in shield, "Intune" for radio. Which ever app is not available directly to download in Shield, you can "sideload" and use.

I am also looking for building a streamer using RPi 4B + hifiberry.

Cheers.

Thanks for the details. Is my assumption correct that I will not be able to get voice from TV into RPi into amplifier?

RPi based streamer will not have inputs other than the usb ports, which you can use to connect pendrives or hdds. So yes, you won't be able to connect your TV audio to RPi.

This part is the one alongwith inability to connect to TV which is preventing me from pulling the plug on this
Actually I did manage to play video on digione through Kodi plugin on max2play, but not ideal. There is a kodi plugin for volumio also, but could not manage to install it, I am not very technically inclined.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back