Streamer with dual subwoofer out

chander

Dear all,

A friend of mine is getting a stereo setup in place with a set of Genelec 8030C. He also wants to get 2 of his subwoofers included in the setup. So looking for a streamer with dual subwoofer out. The only one we have found till now is the NAD C658, but open for options if anyone can suggest. Budget is pretty flexible.

Thanks!

One can also use an usb interface like Motu m4. Motu m4 has 4 outputs. two xlr and two RCA. The XLR can be connected to Genelec. The RCA can be connected to the subwoofer line in. After that just connect the streamer output to the Motu input.

In fact someone is actually doing this with Genelec 8030C

Thanks @mbhangui - thanks a lot for taking out the time :) I will forward the suggestion to him.

Anything else - like a single box solution like CA CXN V2?

Thanks @mbhangui - thanks a lot for taking out the time :) I will forward the suggestion to him.

Anything else - like a single box solution like CA CXN V2?
Yamaha WXC-50 with a single subwoofer out. Other than this I haven't come across any streamer with sub out.

EDIT: Just found this which has subwoofer out - HDMI eARC connectivity, digital, optical and analog input/output options, with wired and wireless headphone and subwoofer output

Thanks again @mbhangui - BS node was only removed from the list because of the single SUB out. Yes even we have till now just found the NAD C658. The other Nad products do have dual sub out, however, it doesn't make sense to pay for the amplification :)

Thanks again @mbhangui - BS node was only removed from the list because of the single SUB out. Yes even we have till now just found the NAD C658. The other Nad products do have dual sub out, however, it doesn't make sense to pay for the amplification :)
Doesn't his subwoofer have line in and line out? Most subwoofers do have. You can connect the streamer line out to line in of subwoofer and line out of subwoofer to genelec line in. In such a case, the crossover will be done by the sub. What model of subwoofer does he have?

Pardon my dumb suggestion.

Why not use a RCA Splitter if the steamer has only one out , I think this is still a pre-out.
( I do use one and drive to 2 subs from AVR for movies, other times use from Amp. - use case scenario )

Does the Streamer play multi-source parallelly ( like room 1 , room 2) and the sub out is from 2 source? then this may not help.

Dear all,

A friend of mine is getting a stereo setup in place with a set of Genelec 8030C. He also wants to get 2 of his subwoofers included in the setup. So looking for a streamer with dual subwoofer out. The only one we have found till now is the NAD C658, but open for options if anyone can suggest. Budget is pretty flexible.

Thanks!
Though somewhat of an expensive solution but just for knowledge share, if you found a product that does not have subwoofer out or just one subwoofer out, this product below can be used.

1669387115781.jpeg

Pardon my dumb suggestion.

Why not use a RCA Splitter if the steamer has only one out , I think this is still a pre-out.
( I do use one and drive to 2 subs from AVR for movies, other times use from Amp. - use case scenario )

Does the Streamer play multi-source parallelly ( like room 1 , room 2) and the sub out is from 2 source? then this may not help.
It's not dumb. As long as the input impedance of subwoofer is high, you can connect both the genelec and subwoofer. In this case genelec will receive the full audio frequency. One can also use electronic crossover. I think one is for sale in classifieds. One can also use mini dsp which has 4 outputs and split the audio for the subwoofer and genelec. There are many ways this can be done, but the person who needs this is averse to complicated solutions

Dear all,

Thanks!
Would the streamer also act as a preamp or would there be a separate preamp? He could get two RCA splitters like the ones linked below and connect the Sub and the Speakers to the device that acts as the Preamp.

RCA Male to Dual RCA Female Y Splitter Cable

This is the simplest way to do it. There are other complex ways to achieve the same.

MaSh

You can connect the streamer line out to line in of subwoofer and line out of subwoofer to genelec line in
Yes that is the other plan indeed if the dual subwoofer on a streamer is not an option :)

Also correction - he has 8020C. He has a single TZero Earlier version that he bought from me. It is being used with a BS node 2i currently & he would like to add another T0 MKIII. He is currently using a complicated pro soundcard (Focusrite type of) setup to get Node 2i to output to 8020C as it only has TRX - no RCA. Also he prefers the Sub frequency being managed directly from the streamer for simpler integration, personally I prefer it too. Different strokes for different folks.

but the person who needs this is averse to complicated solutions
Bingo

Would the streamer also act as a preamp
Ideally - streamer & preamp should be one. That is what we are looking for.

The idea is to simplify the setup & upgrade the streamer at the same time. The streamer has only 3 requirements to fulfil - Spotify & tidal connect, 2 Subwoofer out & better than node 2i :) -something like a CXN V2 but with Sub Outs.

Also I have a question - though I vaguely remember asking it somewhere else as well - on something like CXN V2 -
https://www.cambridgeaudio.com/row/en/products/hi-fi/cx-series-2/cxn -
Can the line out be used to send signal to 2 different subs - R to right sub & L to left sub? Sorry for the noob question.

Also I have a question - though I vaguely remember asking it somewhere else as well - on something like CXN V2 -
https://www.cambridgeaudio.com/row/en/products/hi-fi/cx-series-2/cxn -
Can the line out be used to send signal to 2 different subs - R to right sub & L to left sub? Sorry for the noob question.
Yes. This will be like the link I posted for Motu. I looked at the CXNV2 manual. CXN V2 has both XLR and RCA out. So this is like the RCA splitter. The same output is available on both XLR as well as RCA out. As long as the genelec supports XLR input (which I think it does) you can connect the left sub to the left RCA out and the right sub to the righ RCA out.

Yes. This will be like the link I posted for Motu. I looked at the CXNV2 manual. CXN V2 has both XLR and RCA out. So this is like the RCA splitter. The same output is available on both XLR as well as RCA out. As long as the genelec supports XLR input (which I think it does) you can connect the left sub to the left RCA out and the right sub to the righ RCA out.
awesome. Though the CXN doesn't help as it doesn't allow Streamer level bass management, but it is good to know, this question has been on my mind for a while :)

Last edited:
Doesn't his subwoofer have line in and line out? Most subwoofers do have. You can connect the streamer line out to line in of subwoofer and line out of subwoofer to genelec line in. In such a case, the crossover will be done by the sub. What model of subwoofer does he have?
Most pro subs come with this option. Some even had high pass filter built in. My presonus sub has this option.

@chander how will he connect his genelec to the soundcard that doesn't have RCA output? The best was is to take the left trs out from the focustite to one sub and sub line out to the genelec. Same should be done for right channel. This way focusrite can control the output.
Is it for nearfield listening?

Last edited:
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back