Streamers from Cambridge Audio - AXN10 & MXN10

SiR

Not to derail the thread and turning this into a "which is better thread" but to answer @navin advani 's question.

1 - If you already have a good DAC and just need a Streamer transport Wiim pro is fairly difficult to beat till a very substantial price point.
2 - If you are looking for a Dac + Streamer AIO - then you can definitely skip Wiim Pro. It's analogue output is not nice sounding.
3 - I am hazarding a guess that the AXN & MXN will be similar sounding to CXN V2? If that is the case as a transport - you will perhaps hear no difference at all compared to Wiim Pro. As a DAC + Streamer CA products will sound better than the Wiim Pro.

The one advantage that either AXN/MXN/CXN will have over the Wiim Pro is the ability to attach a USB harddrive that Wiim doesn't allow. Other than that I see absolutely no advantage whatsoever.

**My experience is based on owning the CXN V2 for a month or so. However once I had my DAC in place, I couldn't pick Wiim Pro vs CXN V2 as a transport hence stuck to Wiim Pro. CXN V2 being around 7 times the cost here in India.

What do these players (or the NAD) do that the WiiM Pro Plus and Arylic S50 Pro+ cant?

Not to derail the thread and turning this into a "which is better thread" but to answer @navin advani 's question.

1 - If you already have a good DAC and just need a Streamer transport Wiim pro is fairly difficult to beat till a very substantial price point.
2 - If you are looking for a Dac + Streamer AIO - then you can definitely skip Wiim Pro. It's analogue output is not nice sounding.
3 - I am hazarding a guess that the AXN & MXN will be similar sounding to CXN V2? If that is the case as a transport - you will perhaps hear no difference at all compared to Wiim Pro. As a DAC + Streamer CA products will sound better than the Wiim Pro.

The one advantage that either AXN/MXN/CXN will have over the Wiim Pro is the ability to attach a USB harddrive that Wiim doesn't allow. Other than that I see absolutely no advantage whatsoever.

**My experience is based on owning the CXN V2 for a month or so. However once I had my DAC in place, I couldn't pick Wiim Pro vs CXN V2 as a transport hence stuck to Wiim Pro. CXN V2 being around 7 times the cost here in India.
What DAC are you pairing with WiiM?

As a DAC + Streamer CA products will sound better than the Wiim Pro. The one advantage that either AXN/MXN/CXN will have over the Wiim Pro is the ability to attach a USB harddrive that Wiim doesn't allow. Other than that I see absolutely no advantage whatsoever.
You have a point. The Cambridge MXN costs about 60k, the same as a Wiim Pro (20K) + Topping E70 Velvet (40K). Cambridge gives you a one-box solution.

What DAC are you pairing with WiiM?
I use an old Topping D70S (2xAKM 4497) via SPDIF (Sommer Vector Plus 1.3 Coax). The D70s is connected to my amplifier via Sommer Stratos. If you think the cables are overkill, it's only because I had the cable lying around.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back