Streamers / Network Players without DAC

That's strange. I had used Qobuz only for 1 month trial and used my credit card. It worked without any problem. PayPal should have worked too.
Its not working both PayPal and card. I also tried my US iTunes account and buying a iTunes US card but that too didn't work..

Qobuz is strange in a way of not allowing a majority of Indian Credit Cards however some have successfully used some of them.

Hi @abhi80

I am also interested to move away from laptop. I have a nice usb dacand looking for a network transport. Could you please share your detailed review of Linderman Limetree? Where did you buy this and if ok to share price as well.

Any other option for transport?

Thanks
Vivek
I have just ordered the Lindemann Limetree bridge to replace the Allo USbridge signature and RPI with HigifiBerry digipro+. Ordered it from AudioNote India (https://www.audionote.in/audiophile-streaming). Also ordered the Apple USB Superdrive to use as a CD transport with the bridge.

@abhi80 did u connect the external drive through USB interface (if Yes its it externally powered). If yes please let me know your experience, as Lindemann is recommending using a NAS for music file storage specially FLAC and DSD. Do you see any lag or issues with the bridge functioning when USB is directly connected

I have just ordered the Lindemann Limetree bridge to replace the Allo USbridge signature and RPI with HigifiBerry digipro+. Ordered it from AudioNote India (https://www.audionote.in/audiophile-streaming). Also ordered the Apple USB Superdrive to use as a CD transport with the bridge.

@abhi80 did u connect the external drive through USB interface (if Yes its it externally powered). If yes please let me know your experience, as Lindemann is recommending using a NAS for music file storage specially FLAC and DSD. Do you see any lag or issues with the bridge functioning when USB is directly connected
I haven't used an external power supply am using sandisk extreme drive with USB C converter..

Yes so I would like to know the answer for the same question , if an external powered HDD will work well with the Lindeman. I am kind of gravitating away from the Allo Digione Signature player as some people I know using RPi based players aren't very happy with high capacity external HDDs connected as their music files repository. Using a Laptop to do this imho again defeats the purpose of having an allo digione player to replace the laptop or some sort of computer in the first place.

Second I got lindemann from a friend who had got it from Europe I guess Vienna, I am using it for quite sometime and have to give it back to him and am going to buy myself a new one... It is a very nice streamer for the price, of course I did not decide on buying this as a impulse but after much use. you can connect your Tidal account in the app too.

I was introduced to it by a guy called Jignesh from Surat who I guess is the dealer but now a days see is quite occupied probably due to Corona. It can be sourced at around 75k without negotiation in India.

I find the lindemann to be convenient just because it is always on and unlike my Mac I don't need to switch on and then switch on Audirvana and so on and so forth.. If you wish to buy we can have a quote together from the vendor..

@abhi80 Is this price still valid?

Last edited:

I just want to know why you opted to shift from Allo USBridge signature to Lindamen? Was it only for convenience or sound quality? What difference do you observe between the two in terms of SQ

I found the Allo USbridge very bright. Yes convenience too as we have Tidal integration and another important thing i cab connect a Apple UsB cd drive to the lindemann and i get a cd player

Try matrix i3 pro
I found the Allo USbridge very bright. Yes convenience too as we have Tidal integration and another important thing i cab connect a Apple UsB cd drive to the lindemann and i get a cd player
@abhi80 I assume you mean the Matrix Mini-i Pro3.
I would but can I connect an external USB drive like my La Cie Professional D2 to the USB C port?

@sydney you are the second person I know who says they found the USBridge bright. I was considering the USbridge (with a DigiOne Signature+Shanti) when another friend warned me that it might prove to be "too hot for my tastes". YouTube just suggested the link below for me.

I would but can I connect an external USB drive like my La Cie Professional D2 to the USB C port?

@sydney you are the second person I know who says they found the USBridge bright. I was considering the USbridge (with a DigiOne Signature+Shanti) when another friend warned me that it might prove to be "too hot for my tastes". YouTube just suggested the link below for me.

I have a raspberry pi with hifiberry digi pro I didnt find it bright but the USbridge is very bright.

ya i mean the matrix i3 pro.. it does not support a direct hdd access over usb but it supports roon and streaming over airplay.. for direct hdd access i guess u have to for matrix element i or higher...

I have been using the Lumin U1 for the last 2 years.

Absolutely a delight to use with the famed Lumin musicality.

If budget is a constraint, the U1 mini provides 80% of the SQ at 30% of the cost.

I haven't used an external power supply am using sandisk extreme drive with USB C converter..
Hello abhi80, have you had the chance to use different external HDD/ SSD and usb thumb drives with the LT bridge? I have a few 500 gb external SSD's and a few HDDs. All different capacities and formats.

Hello abhi80, have you had the chance to use different external HDD/ SSD and usb thumb drives with the LT bridge? I have a few 500 gb external SSD's and a few HDDs. All different capacities and formats.
Sorry brother did not... but I think 8t does support it

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back