Streaming Media files from a NAS over Wi-Fi - has anyone tried it?

Hi Suprateep,
Thanks! More questions - do you mean they have on board power amp too? Would that not produce too much heat and kill other components? Is it available in India? Any idea of cost?

regards

for a HTPC without an receiver or amplifier the msi media live diva 5.1/7.1 is a good option. Just an additional info.

Edit - that makes me think, can I not add "add-on" amplifier cards, that makes me think further than I can create a power amp by putting together a power supply and two such cards? Would that work out way cheaper than going to the market and buy a power amp?

Last edited:
Hi Suprateep,
Thanks! More questions - do you mean they have on board power amp too? Would that not produce too much heat and kill other components? Is it available in India? Any idea of cost?

regards

Edit - that makes me think, can I not add "add-on" amplifier cards, that makes me think further than I can create a power amp by putting together a power supply and two such cards? Would that work out way cheaper than going to the market and buy a power amp?

check out MSI Computer Corp. - Product

(Also comes with 7.1 pre amp card)
You really do not need a receiver for this - if you are looking at a mow cost overall entertainment system. Directly connect the spekaer package tot the computer and you are good to go.

And they use d2 audio chipsets on board - better than the realtek ones and matching almost the asus or creative sound cards (strictly not for audiophiles though)

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back