Streaming MQA

This field of hobby never ever fails to amaze me. So many products and so many options.
Thanks a ton mate for this new option.

Will definitely check out
the product is not available in India considering the problem in sourcing from China.

Lets see if i can get hold of one. Btw which brand of 3.5 mm jack to RCA cable would do justice?

If you are looking for one box solution for music consider Onkyo TX -8270 or Pioneer SX N30X. Both come with DTS Ply fi platform and supports major streaming services. Both come with built-in MQA decoder which is a added bonus over other similar products like Yamaha RN803, Denon DRA 800A Marantz NR1200 .Same may be use as stremer/DAC/Pre amplifier with external power amplifier.

the product is not available in India considering the problem in sourcing from China.

Lets see if i can get hold of one. Btw which brand of 3.5 mm jack to RCA cable would do justice?
FYI - I use a 3.5 mm to RCA cable made by Mr. Murthy from Bangalore. Please note that I have not compared this with other 3.5 mm to RCA cables. Since Mr. Murthy's cables are very highly regarded in this forum and not unaffordable, I have the mental satisfaction of using a quality interconnect :)

Hi Mayukh,

Forgive me if this is going to confuse you further.

But how about going in for an inexpensive MQA enabled DAP, like the new Hiby R2 for USD 99? It is WIFI enabled; fully decodes MQA; and (if I am not mistaken) if you download the HibyLink app on your smartphone, you can use your smartphone as a remote for the DAP. Use a good 3.5 mm to RCA cable and you are good to go :)

FYI - I play Tidal MQA through my Activo CT10 DAP connected to my amplifier through a 3.5 mm to RCA cable. The only issue is face is that I don't have a way to remotely control the DAP and have to walk up to the system and use the tiny, inconvenient screen of the DAP, every time I have to change the music.

Mayukh,

I have received a clarification from HiBy which suggests that the remote function using HiByLink is restricted to playing files store on the player / micro SD card. Cannot control Spoitify or Tidal. Have copied my email exchange below for clarity:

"Hello ,

Sorry, can not. The HibyLink function was developed by HiBy and used for devices based on the HiBy OS and HiBy Music app. Please undertand.

Or this remote control using smartphone + HiByLink is limited to playing music files stored on the player / micro SD card? - Yes.

Best regards,
HiBy Music

Dear HiBy Team,

Please let me know whether the Tidal and Spotify on R2 can be remotely controlled by a smartphone using HiByLink app? Or this remote control using smartphone + HiByLink is limited to playing music files stored on the player / micro SD card?

Thanks,
......"

Mayukh,

I have received a clarification from HiBy which suggests that the remote function using HiByLink is restricted to playing files store on the player / micro SD card. Cannot control Spoitify or Tidal. Have copied my email exchange below for clarity:

"Hello ,

Sorry, can not. The HibyLink function was developed by HiBy and used for devices based on the HiBy OS and HiBy Music app. Please undertand.

Or this remote control using smartphone + HiByLink is limited to playing music files stored on the player / micro SD card? - Yes.

Best regards,
HiBy Music

Dear HiBy Team,

Please let me know whether the Tidal and Spotify on R2 can be remotely controlled by a smartphone using HiByLink app? Or this remote control using smartphone + HiByLink is limited to playing music files stored on the player / micro SD card?

Thanks,
......"
thanks a lot for the clarification.
means a lot :) :)

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back