Studio monitor or hifi which is better for personal music at home ?

I'm in to Class A Amplification & a Full Balanced Stereo set up and generally play only DSD so I wouldnt know what your experience is like. Never owned anything audio from iball but a computer cabinet called the workhorse ,so yes a Genelacs a massive step up for you in that regard.But seeing your enthusiasm, it better be good, I mean your recommendations to OP.

I also play DSD feeding from Chord Mojo DAC, but sometimes, cause the contents are very low.
And i listen to stereo only, i quote " I will never buy an AVR in my life" :D

The bickering in this thread has gotten beyond the point of silliness.

We really should have this made into an adults only forum... or have a separate kids section subforum for the silliness to continue.

I'm in to Class A Amplification & a Full Balanced Stereo set up and generally play only DSD so I wouldnt know what your experience is like. Never owned anything audio from iball but a computer cabinet called the workhorse ,so yes a Genelacs a massive step up for you in that regard.But seeing your enthusiasm, it better be good, I mean your recommendations to OP.

Couldn't help but notice that you generally listen to only DSD... Would you not be limiting yourself to a small sample of music?

Judging by the trajectory of this thread, the OP has given up on us nerds.
I would not be surprised if:
- he is banging bathroom buckets and kitchen utensils for music and training his vocal chords
- he lit up a "good one" and let the music play in the mind

Cheers,
Raghu

Couldn't help but notice that you generally listen to only DSD... Would you not be limiting yourself to a small sample of music?

Not really since "generally" was the term used, I think you overlooked it nevertheless, I own close to or over a hundred SACD discs and then some DSD downloads, some SHM-CDs, XRCD and ofcourse loads of standard Redbook CDs. So it's almost limitless for the genre I'm in to , RocknRoll.

Last edited:
I also play DSD feeding from Chord Mojo DAC, but sometimes, cause the contents are very low.
And i listen to stereo only, i quote " I will never buy an AVR in my life" :D

Finally I found another DSD friend,cheers to that. I have a HT from Yamaha but yes I use that only for Home theater or background music playback instrument when there are get togethers at home and never for serious music listening as you said.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back