Study material or reference material

Lots of interesting links. Especially the Frequency response one. Will listen to it later. Right now listening to music.

Thanks @stevieboy - took me a long time to understand most of it. However this is pretty much the definitive guide to "understanding tube amp". Here's the second part. Not beginner savvy but a couple of watches with a lot of googling can really help.

Most welcome! I always found tubes a fascinating topic. Forgot more than I remember now hehe

Regards

Lots of interesting links. Especially the Frequency response one. Will listen to it later. Right now listening to music.
I wish I was doing that - I started with the "Set List - by Frames" lovely album and then somewhere went into Psychoacoustics. LORD!

I was also a clueless newbie when i joined this wonderful forum a few months back ...Of all the online resources, i found this to be the most simple and comprehensive enough for anybody to understand, good resource just to start off with... and i think it also mentions some of the above mentioned bibles as well

@somjk Thank you for sharing this terrific article. I found beautifully articulated explanations of the complex interactions between electric signals, electro-mechanical events and psychoacoustic perceptions in home audio reproduction and the frequently encountered problems in simple language (not an easy feat in areas full of jargon and hyperbole)
This should be essential reading recommended for everyone in this hobby.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back