Sub woofer placement

rsklogin

Hi dear FMs. Need some advice on whether my Sub's placement is fine. My home theater also happens to be in my bedroom. The main MLP is against the back wall of the room and the screen is at the front (near the entrance).

The room is a level lower than the rest of the house hence is accessed through a small staircase. There is a door on the left of the stairs for the restroom. This layout has made me place the projector screen on the front wall - ceiling mounted(motorized), with the Left and Right Bookshelves wall mounted, while the Center is ceiling mounted, all 3 inclined towards my MLP. The surrounds are a little higher than ear level on either side.

I recently upgraded my speakers from an old HTIB to JBL stage series A130 Bookshelves for LR and A120 for Surrounds, and A125C for Center. Sub is a BIC america PL200ii. Currently i have placed the sub onto the right side near the wall, not exactly the middle of the room but still can be considered the center, facing forward. Is this position fine or should i try changing it?

Edit: There is a small dressing table below the Left speaker, so the sub can't be placed there. The table can't be moved since it has this huge glass which wont fit anywhere else along the rest of the walls.

Room layout.PNG

Last edited:
Hi dear FMs. Need some advice on whether my Sub's placement is fine. My home theater also happens to be in my bedroom. The main MLP is against the back wall of the room and the screen is at the front (near the entrance).

The room is a level lower than the rest of the house hence is accessed through a small staircase. There is a door on the left of the stairs for the restroom. This layout has made me place the projector screen on the front wall - ceiling mounted(motorized), with the Left and Right Bookshelves wall mounted, while the Center is ceiling mounted, all 3 inclined towards my MLP. The surrounds are a little higher than ear level on either side.

I recently upgraded my speakers from an old HTIB to JBL stage series A130 Bookshelves for LR and A120 for Surrounds, and A125C for Center. Sub is a BIC america PL200ii. Currently i have placed the sub onto the right side near the wall, not exactly the middle of the room but still can be considered the center, facing forward. Is this position fine or should i try changing it?

View attachment 59669

Subwoofer placement you need to experiment with all the possible locations. Normally for a single sub front corner or between the LCR works best. And also if you want to be very accurate the only way is to get a umik and measure your room response.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back