Sub-woofer power cable change - Question

ssf

My two pin subwoofer power cable was sparking at the socket last night probable due to a loose fit. So I purchased replacement cable. Two pin was not available. So I got the three pin.

Any problem using the three pin point into a two pin subwoofer in ?

Yes, this is at the power socket end. Any known issues with trippers in this case ? Will the function normally and trip in case of a short ?

Stabilizers would take care of power fluctuations. However, if the power socket does not fit properly it can cause short circuit and damage the subwoofer. It happened to me once as I was told the loose contact at the pin cause circuitry damage and was advised a to connect the sw cable via to a three pin plug (like the one below). If the old cable is still intact, try to plug inside 3 pin plugs to see if it fits properly.

The old cable I think is electrically scarred. The new cable is a three pin which plugs in much better. I am only worried that the earth is is not connected to the sub as it is a two pin and if this will cause any problem.

yeah better check with electricians. Take different opinions to see it matters here. In my opinion it wont harm as the receiving end of the subwoofer only has two but lets not dont take any trail tests here. Doesn't the subwoofer mention about the type of power cord they used on the amplifier plate? You should get a similar cord in the market if you would show the worn out cable as sample... please try that first.

Good advice Kris. Will consult an electrician. The sub is connected with the new cord. Listening to music right now. No signs of any trouble. But will double check. I think the original two pin cable will be hard to find.
Thanks for your help.

Good advice Kris. Will consult an electrician. The sub is connected with the new cord. Listening to music right now. No signs of any trouble. But will double check. I think the original two pin cable will be hard to find.
Thanks for your help.

No problems :) I guess the sub has settled with the new cord. Enjoy your time!

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back