Sub-woofer Response

Are you serious? That is absurd. I have never seen a subwoofer move around while being played. o_O

Flooring must be very smooth and also Subwoofer not that heavy....hence vibrations causing it to dance......a mini door mat or bathroom rug or carpet will resolve it

Today I received subwoofer. left side bottom is pic of subwoofer along with dali zensor 3 and dali zensor vocal. I know carton behind tv doesn't look good. I have just shifted the house. still fixing the things. subwoofer Sound is fantastic, I just played approx 30 minutes. very tight heart thumping bass.

Room acoustic is not good. i am feeling echoing of sound.
can anybody tell me about good frequency and phase setting for this subwoofer?

what would be avr setting for this sub.

I have now two issues with this sub.

1- my window is started vibrating even on medium sound which is annoying for me.
2- subwoofer started crawling itself on 75%volume. do i need to put some weight over it. i just put it over wood and will check it morning. it has passive radiator on bottom and hope it will not move automatically. may be wood will soak it's bass.

it's weight is 7.5 kg.
The crossover settings in receiver for subwoofer set to 80hz, and crossover knob turn to full on the back of subwoofer,

The crossover settings in receiver for subwoofer set to 80hz, and crossover knob turn to full on the back of subwoofer,
I have done below settings

Subwoofer:

1- crossover (full): 200hz
2- phase: 0 degree
3- volume: full

Avr

1- speaker size: small
2- front (dali zensor 3 and vocal) crosssoever: 70hz
3- subwoofer crossover: 80 hz
4- avr volume: 46%

Subwoofer:

Avr

You need adjust subwoofer volume to your desired level.. other settings that you done is ok.

The vocal is a center speaker. Shouldn’t it be crossed higher like maybe 100hz? I’m asking because I too am in the middle of a few settings with my new center.

Subwoofer:

Avr

Set volume on subwoofer to 50% and then run auto calibration.

Today I received subwoofer. left side bottom is pic of subwoofer along with dali zensor 3 and dali zensor vocal. I know carton behind tv doesn't look good. I have just shifted the house. still fixing the things. subwoofer Sound is fantastic, I just played approx 30 minutes. very tight heart thumping bass.

Room acoustic is not good. i am feeling echoing of sound.
can anybody tell me about good frequency and phase setting for this subwoofer?

what would be avr setting for this sub.

I have now two issues with this sub.

1- my window is started vibrating even on medium sound which is annoying for me.
2- subwoofer started crawling itself on 75%volume. do i need to put some weight over it. i just put it over wood and will check it morning. it has passive radiator on bottom and hope it will not move automatically. may be wood will soak it's bass.

it's weight is 7.5 kg.
Congrats

The vocal is a center speaker. Shouldn’t it be crossed higher like maybe 100hz? I’m asking because I too am in the middle of a few settings with my new center.

It all depends on specs....if for example if the lows mentioned are 60hz...i would keep it at 80hz.....conservative........it also depends on the cone size and also how much it can handle....i would then experiment 70hz and try explosion scenes and check

min frequency response of my center is 47hz. because of that I have given it extra space to breath with 70hz setting. for me this is best speaker in my whole 5.1 setup.

low frequency is penetrating wall and going to downstairs neighbor house. They are not happy with me.

https://www.amazon.in/Pyle-Subwoofe...eywords=subwoofer+acoustic+isolation+platform

can above product solve my issue? i like the bass of subwoofer but it creates vibration on my window and door. will it solve vibration issue too?

I bought one Matt and will check if it can stop my sub-woofer movement.
That's what subwoofers do. That is an isolation base. If it works it would improve the bass performance tightening it . Either lower the sub level or get sound proof the room.

downfiring subs do move around when played at high volume.

That is why i turned it. now left side has a passive radiator and movement has gone.;)

but it looks ugly. rubber pad at left side doesn't look good. i read through so many websites where it was mentioned passive radiator should not be down firing because it carries weight and release more energy on high volume.

That is why i turned it. now left side has a passive radiator and movement has gone.;)

but it looks ugly. rubber pad at left side doesn't look good. i read through so many websites where it was mentioned passive radiator should not be down firing because it carries weight and release more energy on high volume.
I am sure the designers would have considered all these factors before making this sub. So it is better to keep the passive radiator facing the floor as intended by the manufacturer. Ans for the sub moving issue, you can use carpets or stirofoams.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back