Sub Woofer

S.P.KRISHNA

Which wharfedale sub woofer series is good - SW series or POWER CUBE series. Many of our forum members view SW series particularly SW150 as a good SUB for both Music and Movies and has VFM . But this is a ported SUB. The guy at Vectors , at my place , suggested Power cube SUB"s as they are totally sealed and down firing and he says that they perform very good and out perform SW series , particularly that of SW 150 and he advised me to take PC DX10 which has 150 RMS amplifier. But when I questioned him about most demanded SUB he said it was SW 150 , which goes well with 9.5 towers.I could not audition SW 150 as it was not available and hence unable to decide which has good SQ level. PC DX 10 is 24K MRP and SW 150 21K MRP . They offered both at 18K each. I request for your suggestions . My preference is for Music . I sold my earlier SUB - Onkyo SKW 204 and looking for another SUB to support my 10.1 bookshelves.

Thanks

SW150 is fast with punch.I heard it with Yam 663 and it sounded perfect.It is not big powerful,but for home use it is more than enough.

certainly SW150 is an awesome value for money sub...especially when u pair it with wharf speakers..it simply merges and gives a wholesome soundstage..perfect for home use and not for huge halls...!!

Thanks to all for your suggestions. I like to know how much base a SW150 gives over Diamond 9.5 . Will the difference in SQ level differs by a reasonable
percentage ? SW 150 has 10" woofer and goes to a depth of 35 Hz. Diamond 9.5 has 16.5" woofer and goes upto 30Hz

Regards

The reason behind sub is to give a more wholesome aura/tactile sensation to sound whole. The main speakers give the main content. Most certainly you can do without the sub but the sub can maintain focused lower frequncies better as well as generate spl / air pressure changes.

I personally like frequency changes for music and spl for movies.

Guys as I'm new buff in hi fi audio I have to learn so much. For know as I feel SW 150 from warfedale has big reputation in its price range how good or bad is mine DSW pro 600 form polk audio agaist it if we don't take price difference in consideration at all.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back