Subwoofer addition for my Bose 301 bookshelves

Deepakmullick

Hi
I am looking to add a sub woofer to my Bose 301 bookshelf speakers
I have a Yamaha RN 803 Amp

Considering the Yamaha nsw 300 (28K)
OR
Polk HTS 10 (Similar price)

The Polk HTS 12 is a little over budget (40k), but will consider if it's really worth the money

It's not a small room (living room) and I listen only to music (2.1)
Kindly recommend which one and if I should shoot my budget
Thanks

If possible hear both and then listen, both are regarded as value for money subs, dont expect it to plunge into those depts but will surely add that oomph to your satellites

Hi
I am looking to add a sub woofer to my Bose 301 bookshelf speakers
I have a Yamaha RN 803 Amp

Considering the Yamaha nsw 300 (28K)
OR
Polk HTS 10 (Similar price)

The Polk HTS 12 is a little over budget (40k), but will consider if it's really worth the money

It's not a small room (living room) and I listen only to music (2.1)
Kindly recommend which one and if I should shoot my budget
Thanks

Bose which series? Accordingly then you need to select the sub

Depending on the listening area or room size a 8 or 10 inch sub should be fine...since its mainly for music...subs which can go as low as 35hz would be good enough....if you are a bass head and hear a lot of genres loud..a 12 inch is recommended...

Get a sealed sub if you want a tight punch in music...

If possible hear both and then listen, both are regarded as value for money subs, dont expect it to plunge into those depts but will surely add that oomph to your satellites
Thanks Sujith
Any suggestions on a good sub which WILL plunge into those depths - something to aspire for if I do plan to stretch my budget
Cheers!

Thanks Sujith
Any suggestions on a good sub which WILL plunge into those depths - something to aspire for if I do plan to stretch my budget
Cheers!
If you are mainly into music i dont think you will need a sub which goes really deep with authority pl200ii from bic is popular among many

If you want to stretch your budget then the REL subs for great musical pleasure...

Rythmick will be expensive for your budget. I can see the OP is willing to extend the budget but not double the price.
So in that case around 55k - 65K, SVS SB1000 or PB 1000 or as the above post any of the REL series will do.

If you are considering better than the ones you have listed but not the ones that I have listed because of budget issues then you cannot go wrong with BIC America PL200 ii

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back