Subwoofer Blown? - Static Sound only

vinylrecord

Hi folks,

Is my subwoofer blown?

Its a Jamo Sub200.
  • It switches on normally, the light glows.
  • There is no sound or static when no LFE signal is sent.
  • When a test LFE signal is sent, instead of a boom there is only only static / low volume buzzing noise
  • Externally cannot see any damage on the cone etc, and it moves when pressed by hand

What to do???:mad::sad:

Thanks!

Hi folks,

Is my subwoofer blown?

Its a Jamo Sub200.
  • It switches on normally, the light glows.
  • There is no sound or static when no LFE signal is sent.
  • When a test LFE signal is sent, instead of a boom there is only only static / low volume buzzing noise
  • Externally cannot see any damage on the cone etc, and it moves when pressed by hand

Thanks!
The fuse must have blown.

Had the same issue,needed a higher amp fuse and it was fine. Take it to the service center if under warranty.

The fuse must have blown.

Had the same issue,needed a higher amp fuse and it was fine. Take it to the service center if under warranty.

Thanks for the revert. Unfortunately this is out of warranty.:mad:

How do I know if the fuse is blown and can I be replace it myself?

Thanks

You should open the sub and upload some pictures. Fuses can be at two levels AC fuse which I thick should not have blown and other protection fuses on the pcb. You will have to check the continuity of the fuses. At the same time you can check for any burnt resistors or transistors.

Hi

There could be a lot of reasons of no output etc....could be a simple dry solder issue of wires or capacitors may have melted away etc....

Authorised service center will charge you a lot, if there are capable repairers in the area of LED TVs and High End systems, take the sub to that repairer and resolve the matter.

If the power is coming on then its not power supply, could be the output or amp circuitry issue

Hi guys,

Initially I changed the sub cable like kaptan suggested, and it worked perfectly - for 1 day :(

Next day there was no sound or buzz from the sub - tried many cables.

Tried again after 2 days, and now there is some sound, but at very low volume accompanied by buzz/static, only when the music plays.

Should I open up the sub myself for pictures to send to you?

Thanks!

Hi

Seems like Capacitors may have melted or something...if it was working fine then fading away implies weak capacitors or circuits...dry solder also could be another reason...

If warranty is over, no harm to open and see visibly whats wrong...else take it to a knowledgable repairer

Hi

Seems like Capacitors may have melted or something...if it was working fine then fading away implies weak capacitors or circuits...dry solder also could be another reason...

If warranty is over, no harm to open and see visibly whats wrong...else take it to a knowledgable repairer

Any recommendations in Delhi, preferably near Dwarka?

Thanks

Open the sub power amp plate and click pictures. Basic fault finding like fuses, blown capacitors or resistors can be done by inspection. Rest can be done with a multimeter.

The worst things than can happen are blown transistors or speaker coil.

Open the sub power amp plate and click pictures. Basic fault finding like fuses, blown capacitors or resistors can be done by inspection. Rest can be done with a multimeter.

The worst things than can happen are blown transistors or speaker coil.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back