Subwoofer crossover?

Hi,

No you've not damaged anything rest be assured !! coz any satellite will take low frequency for some time without a problem !! so don't worry !! I've already told you if you feel the 80Hz is sounds good then lock it at that !! Moreover the crossover that you are setting is for the sat to the sub ! Meaning the Receiver will not send anything below that frequency to the sat ;) !! So actually speaking by setting it at 80Hz you are allowing the sats to be fed with the frequency of upto 80 (that includes 200,180,150,120,100 ! ) its the reverse of what you think :p !!

So relax and enjoy my friend :)!!

Regards.

Thanks alot soundgreat, dunno wat i would have done with you:) i dont have sats by the way, i got front floorstanders jamo s606 series & bookshelf for the rear, my rear speakers have a freq of 80-20,000, so i i tink 80hz makes them sound good, i got my fronts set to large & bass out on both front & woofer,
the sound is pretty good, crossover setting to 80hz made a nice change in sound, i have a question when i set the reciever to 200hz the music sounded very flat types, so the lower the crossover the more the bass from the speakers & below the crossover 80hz the bass goes to sub & fronts hmmn,
ok so in theory if i set the crossover to 160hz ll the bass till 160hz goes to woofer rite? that y sats systems have to give most of the bass to subs hmmn,
so techincally by using 200hz crossover in my reciever cannot damage my speakers then :) thank god i was pretty scared :rolleyes: wats the max crossover these speakers can take??
any idea?

cheers..

Last edited:
Hi,

dunno wat i would have done with you:)
:eek:

Don't do anything buddy Spare me :p !!

Sorry I know you have the towers !! my mistake.

Jokes apart, the reason why it sounded flat when put it at 200Hz is,All the low frequency below 200 is diverted to the sub hence tower theoretically becomes sat and sounds like one !!

As with the Max your speakers can take,It can comfortably take the entire range ( though its from35+ hz) and you should be good with any setting !!

Regards.

Back