Subwoofer for my dedicated HT

The fact of the matter is that every one hears different kinds of music......some like loud levels of bass which vibrates the floors while others like a normal presence of bass.....each one has their own expectation and preferences......

It is recommended to hear / audition yourself with your kind of music so that will help as a reference to decide. Personally, I use a BIC America PL 200 and it serves quite well for music and movies......

The fact of the matter is that every one hears different kinds of music......some like loud levels of bass which vibrates the floors while others like a normal presence of bass.....each one has their own expectation and preferences......

It is recommended to hear / audition yourself with your kind of music so that will help as a reference to decide. Personally, I use a BIC America PL 200 and it serves quite well for music and movies......
is there any specific model of sub did compony make for only listening music ?

Honestly not really but reviews from google indicate that sealed subs are very musical.....it all depends on your budget......the Taga S10v2 is compact and good too......audition and decide,,,,,trust your ears

If a sub's musical performance is important, it would be in the below order for me :)

1.Rel
2. Rel
3. Sumiko
4. Rythmik

I recently saw Rel T9 and sumiko S9 on Amazon India. Don't if they are still there. Both of these are damn good for music. And they are designed to be corrected differently to the system. So please read the review thoroughly of either of these subs before you buy. Or you might repent later, as these two subs are very different on how they need to be connected. All the best :)

I recently saw Rel T9 and sumiko S9 on Amazon India. Don't if they are still there. Both of these are damn good for music. And they are designed to be corrected differently to the system. So please read the review thoroughly of either of these subs before you buy. Or you might repent later, as these two subs are very different on how they need to be connected. All the best :)
Is it worth the money?

Is it worth the money?

From reviews alone, I'd gather that they are very much worth their money. That is if you are looking to ace a 2.1 setup for music alone. If your priorities are HT, any sub that claims to go down to 20hz, fits in your available room and budget is good enough. I wouldn't burn money on a sub for HT :)

already had Beolab 2. Of B&O.
4.75 L.Per piece. Had 3 unit.
Using as only listening music. Very depth n tight bass.
But not satisfy.

Hi

If you have already spent that kind of money for a sub then sky is the limit, you should look at bigger subs (18 inch drivers) which can really go low and provide the level of performance you are expecting......possibly hooking 2 12 inch subs may help......

https://www.themasterswitch.com/best-subwoofers

I was an active DJ in the past and so is aware of what an 18 inch Bass Bin can do...there are various designs of such Bins compact and flare type which perform differently......anyways....for now, for a home purpose...i am quite satisfied with the BIC America PL 200 which is value for money and works / blends well with the other speakers hooked to the system.

Hi

If you have already spent that kind of money for a sub then sky is the limit, you should look at bigger subs (18 inch drivers) which can really go low and provide the level of performance you are expecting......possibly hooking 2 12 inch subs may help......

https://www.themasterswitch.com/best-subwoofers

I was an active DJ in the past and so is aware of what an 18 inch Bass Bin can do...there are various designs of such Bins compact and flare type which perform differently......anyways....for now, for a home purpose...i am quite satisfied with the BIC America PL 200 which is value for money and works / blends well with the other speakers hooked to the system.
James audio m213 if budget and space are not a criteria.

already had Beolab 2. Of B&O.
4.75 L.Per piece. Had 3 unit.
Using as only listening music. Very depth n tight bass.
But not satisfy.

Even after spending a substantial amount for 3 subwoofers and not so happy with it, may be something wrong with setting / placement..

If you wish to, please open a new thread, listing your equipment, room placement.. You may get some inputs & try them to see if that helps..

Please share some pics if you can.. You have some very good components & have done room treatment too..

Here are a couple of pictures of my home theater. The rear speakers are not ideally positioned - they need to be raised/angled by half a foot or so. I have decided to go with Rythmik LVX12 for the subwoofer. I should have it in a couple of weeks (purchasing it from ProSonics - Santosh has been super helpful).

Attachments

• hometheater-2.jpg
    hometheater-2.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 55
  • hometheater-1.jpg
    hometheater-1.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 56
Here are a couple of pictures of my home theater. The rear speakers are not ideally positioned - they need to be raised/angled by half a foot or so. I have decided to go with Rythmik LVX12 for the subwoofer. I should have it in a couple of weeks (purchasing it from ProSonics - Santosh has been super helpful).

Lovely.. Very nice.. good choice on the sub..

Great looking room.. :)
For how much did you get the lvx12 subwoofer?

After a bit of a delay in delivery, I did get my LVX12 last weekend. It has not been broken in fully yet, but boy oh boy, what a difference it has made in my movie watching experience. I used to have a JBL 560P earlier, which can't / shouldn't even be compared.

I haven't yet measured / smoothened the frequency response, which I will in a couple of weeks, but even in its current position, I am extremely impressed by its performance. I am so relieved that my HT is a sound treated room in the basement - if not, my neighbors would have called the cops! The best part is that the sub is still at less than 50% of the max volume. I will have to watch all my favorite movies again :)

Thanks again folks for all the input and help.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back