Subwoofer hunt and audition experience and feedback

Hello All,

Had another sub-woofer auditioned today. Below is my experience.

7) Rythmic LV12R

- Equipment: Marantz SR5011, front: NHT Superone, Center: Bic America DV62clr-s, Surround: NHT Superzero
- Source: Panasonic DMP-BDT360, Google Chromecast
- Price: 76K (Pre Negotiation)
- Rating: 9.5/10 for music and 9.5/10 for movies

The audition was not a planned one but went to Prosonics to get the delivery of PL200 and since the deal was taking some time, thought of spending the time listening to music/movie scene with Mr. Santosh (Owner Prosonics).
After auditioning more than 10 subwoofers, have now developed an ear to differentiate better from good and can safely say that this is by far the best subwoofer I have auditioned till now. The only sad part of this sub is its price tag which is 76K pre-negotiation which is kinda heartbreaking for a music enthusiast on a budget like me.

Aesthetics: The sub is huge for a 12" driver and the built quality is simply amazing. PL200 which was placed right next looked half from all dimensions. Beauty with brains is a rare combination and so it is with this sub. Its sound quality is amazing but looks wise it wasn't too appealing at least to me.

Performance: Was pleasantly taken aback with the performance. What a beautiful sound-stage it provided to the superones which were used as the front.
Started off with a couple of movie scenes and it outperformed all the subs which I have heard in a flash. Bullets firing sounded so real. The helicopter seemed like it just flew over my head. The bass was tight, properly defined and clear with proper timing. The sub also has a switch which allows shifting from music to movie which seems like a good feature and could notice the significant difference between the 2 modes. The only side by side comparison I had at that moment was PL200 and I must say, PL200 is an amazing sub at the price but nowhere near to the Rhythmic in terms of performance. I know it's not a fair comparison as one is ~40K and other is 76K.
Switched to music and it kept me engaged for almost one and a half hour. Found the sub to be equally good for music (With the mode switch). The thump was not too harsh and was perfectly articulated. Started off with the same song as before "Radha Kaise Na Jale" and almost immediately knew that this sub is a class apart. The low-end extension was superb. Switched between PL and LV12R repeatedly to gauge the difference and found that PL200 was slightly muddy (Although I walked out with PL200 in my car's rear seat).
A fair comparison of this sub would be with SVS PB2000 which I have not got an opportunity to listen to, however, as per my experience, this is at least a notch above SVS PB1000 (Heard briefly at HTstore Bangalore).

Would strongly recommend this sub to the enthusiasts with a handsome budget and it can be auditioned at Prosonics, Bangalore.
Contact details: Mr. Santosh, Mob. : +91 93411 12580 (No connection/Business interest with the seller)

With this, my hunt for subwoofer ends at PL200 (At least temporarily till the upgraditis bites. The sting can already be felt as one can imagine my condition walking out of the store buying a sub which is in no comparison with the best you just heard).

With a very smooth and friendly transaction with Mr. Santosh, the PL200 comes along. The set up was a breeze and it has already started irking the neighbors. Need to spend some time to find the sweet spot and other settings.

And yeah, happy hunting -- it's fun :)

1515872382224.png

1515872424343.png

I have a pair of SVS SB 16 Ultra Subs and a Pair of Rythmik F15HP Subs and a Rythmik Ported FV15HP .. and with the limited time I have spent with the SVS SB16 ultra

I can safely say atleast to my ears the Rythmik is a tad better . its faster and more articulate and starts and stops on dime with less overhang comparted to the SVS

It could also be due to the break in process of the SVS as well as I have to spend a lot more time calibrating it to the room .

Unfortunately could not due to travel

Hey flash. Eagerly waiting for ur verdict on svs and rhythmic for a non treated room. Want to know if svs pb2000 is better or f15hp?

Hey flash. Eagerly waiting for ur verdict on svs and rhythmic for a non treated room. Want to know if svs pb2000 is better or f15hp?
Despite differences in power output, SVS pb2000 and Rythmik LV12R are more comparable
Rythmik FV15HP is similarly compared with SVS PB13 ultra.

as Abhi pointed out the Fv15hp is comparable to the SVS 13 Ultra series in terms of output

However in terms of accuracy and transient speed. the Rythmik to my ears is better
As mentioned in my earlier post . Although not a fair comparison as I have not spent too much time setting up the SVS SB 16 ultras

The Rythmik is better . However Output the SVS 16's definitely goes way louder. However when you are in this upper segment of subs . there is 95% probability that you will never max out any of these subs .. that when the other aspects of Accuracy etc comes into the picture

Infact your front speakers and Amps would run out of steam and start clipping way before these subs do

Since i had my first single Rythmik sub around 5 years ago. I have learnt the hard way that

You are better off going for 2 smaller subs even the cheaper models of any brand rather than going in for a single large sub.
This holds true for a treated or a untreated room.

2 Subs integrate better, less nulls and peaks and overall a much better long term investment

Guys, reviving this old thread again.

The upgrade bug has bite me too soon and need advise on a decent sealed sub. Would need advice and suggestion.

I intend to move away from the ported sub and try hands on the sealed one as my music priorities have moved way ahead of movies in terms of ratio. The current split is 70:30 :: Music : Movie.

The basic requirement is a sub which is better with music and relatively decent with movies. I know, i just defined a sub with a higher price bracket.

Also need advice if having 1 sealed sub should suffice my need or go for 1 which is purely intended for music and retain PL200 or assign the sealed sub for both the duties and let PL200 go? I have a smallish 12*14 dedicated room for the setup.

The subs i have in mind are:-
  • SVS SB1000 - Initial impression is good. 67K pre-negotiated price. Can we do better at this price point?
  • Rythmik L12 - 71K Pre-negotiated price. Yet to audition. Would be great if someone can share the impression of it.
Any other sealed sub at similar price point?

Need suggestions fellow as the hunt has begun again. M in no hurry as of now and want to spend my share of time in proper research and numerous auditions.

Hi Kumar , if possible please audition SVS PB/SB2000, Rhythmic LV12F/R and XTZ 12.17 edge Subwoofer. These three subwoofer are hot favorite among FM. Your audition review will greatly help FM who are looking for a sub up to 80 -100k mark.

Hi Kumar , if possible please audition SVS PB/SB2000, Rhythmic LV12F/R and XTZ 12.17 edge Subwoofer. These three subwoofer are hot favorite among FM. Your audition review will greatly help FM who are looking for a sub up to 80 -100k mark.

Sure RPmahale.

Will be auditioning SB1000 and 2000 this weekend. Will share the experience.

Guys, reviving this old thread again.

The upgrade bug has bite me too soon and need advise on a decent sealed sub. Would need advice and suggestion.

I intend to move away from the ported sub and try hands on the sealed one as my music priorities have moved way ahead of movies in terms of ratio. The current split is 70:30 :: Music : Movie.

The basic requirement is a sub which is better with music and relatively decent with movies. I know, i just defined a sub with a higher price bracket.

Also need advice if having 1 sealed sub should suffice my need or go for 1 which is purely intended for music and retain PL200 or assign the sealed sub for both the duties and let PL200 go? I have a smallish 12*14 dedicated room for the setup.

The subs i have in mind are:-
  • SVS SB1000 - Initial impression is good. 67K pre-negotiated price. Can we do better at this price point?
  • Rythmik L12 - 71K Pre-negotiated price. Yet to audition. Would be great if someone can share the impression of it.
Any other sealed sub at similar price point?

Need suggestions fellow as the hunt has begun again. M in no hurry as of now and want to spend my share of time in proper research and numerous auditions.

Advice needed fellow members :)

Lets audition this weekend. Then you can come over and listen to the PB1000 in a stereo setup.

MaSh

I have a pair of SVS SB 16 Ultra Subs and a Pair of Rythmik F15HP Subs and a Rythmik Ported FV15HP .. and with the limited time I have spent with the SVS SB16 ultra

I can safely say atleast to my ears the Rythmik is a tad better . its faster and more articulate and starts and stops on dime with less overhang comparted to the SVS

It could also be due to the break in process of the SVS as well as I have to spend a lot more time calibrating it to the room .

Unfortunately could not due to travel
Rythmik is anytime better than svs.
No doubt about that.
When compared price to price models at least.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back