Subwoofer options for < 13K INR

Shuvc

The prices of most of the recommended powered subwoofers on this forum start from around the 15-20K mark. However, there are a few subs that retail for less.

While surely they may not be as good as the higher priced ones, it may be worthwhile for people on a budget (incl yours truly !) to get an idea about the relative performance of the subs at this lower price range - the usage being purely for home theater and not music.

The few subs I came across below the 13K INR mark are:

Jamo Sub200 - around 12.9K at eZone
SUB 200 Subwoofer - Description

Sonodyne Roarr 108 - around 12.5K at Sonodyne listening rooms
Home Audio > Genie Series

Polk Audio PSW110 - 13K at ProFx
Profx - Advanced Audio Solutions

# How do these 3 compare?
# Norge, Craftel, DNM probably have comparable models? What are the model numbers and prices?
# What other options are available at this price range?

Last edited:
Out of these 3 options I will settle for the Polk.
Bargain hard, they will finally give it for 11.7 (10% disc)

hi. How about this idea? Buy logitech z2300, connect sub out of your amp to input of it & do not connect the satellites. I have not heard it myself but i have read its reviews & the sub is supposed to be VERY GOOD.i think it is a THX Certified system( though it may not mean much) It retails at rs 7000.

If you are open to 2nds, look around for a used SW150.
I am verrry open to a used Wharf SW150/MS 309i. Problem is haven't come across one in Kolkata. And shipping subs from other locations is a hassle (both size, weight and WB waybill issues).

IMHO Norge is a TRASH compared to other options!
7.5 inch " Bookshelf Sub!":mad:
See other options -will be far better
I mean just spend little more and add "inches" to your expereince!
IMHO sub should be least 10 Inches!

I am verrry open to a used Wharf SW150/MS 309i. Problem is haven't come across one in Kolkata. And shipping subs from other locations is a hassle (both size, weight and WB waybill issues).
As you said i too ever come across a used wharf sw 150, if anyone in our group have same or equivalent let me us know.

hi. How about this idea? Buy logitech z2300, connect sub out of your amp to input of it & do not connect the satellites. I have not heard it myself but i have read its reviews & the sub is supposed to be VERY GOOD.i think it is a THX Certified system( though it may not mean much) It retails at rs 7000.

can I connect the Subwoofer out from the amp directly to the z2300? im not able to get this part either at the website or elsewhere . Connecting thru RCA will be a problem if u have source to amp from HDMI..

can I connect the Subwoofer out from the amp directly to the z2300? im not able to get this part either at the website or elsewhere . Connecting thru RCA will be a problem if u have source to amp from HDMI..

I do not think so Jaudere..
Pc speaker systems are complete music systems in themselves and do not feature low level input...

They take music input ( all frequencies) and amplification and crossover sorting done inside where respective frequencies are supplied to Sat & Sub

And there is extreamly limited outside crossover adjustments etc so any PC based SUB is difficult to incorporate in HT IMHO....

I do not think so Jaudere..
Pc speaker systems are complete music systems in themselves and do not feature low level input...

They take music input ( all frequencies) and amplification and crossover sorting done inside where respective frequencies are supplied to Sat & Sub

And there is extreamly limited outside crossover adjustments etc so any PC based SUB is difficult to incorporate in HT IMHO....

Exactly!
the comp based system takes in all freq 'that you feed' and crossover sorting done inside. so if you connect sub out to this system, you are not feeding anything above the sub crossover freq, say 40Hz. now the system crossover will divert it according to its own value. so it will divert everything below say 40 Hz to the sub and all freqeuncies above to satellites(which means that nothing will be fed to the satellites.) so you do not connect satellites.

i agree to it that crossover settings will be fixed . but a sub usually produces frequencies below 40Hz. so if the main speakers can come down to 40 Hz, this should work.

connecting it wont' be straightforward though. the Sub out is RCA and input for comp systems will be stereo pin. what one has to do will be connect sub out RCA --->RCA splitter---->2RCA to stereo ---> Z 2300 input.
of course all this is coming into picture because we want good quality at low price.

I will personally try this some time and will let you know.I have RCA splitter, Artis 5.1 system Sub and all other needed cables but it will take time because all this is situated at my Pune home and not where i stay now. frankly speaking this should work.

can I connect the Subwoofer out from the amp directly to the z2300? Connecting thru RCA will be a problem if u have source to amp from HDMI..

I did not get this statement. Source to amp is HDMI. but sub out from the amp will be still RCA only. this can be done in the way i have described in my prev post.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back