Subwoofer options for < 13K INR

Exactly!
the comp based system takes in all freq 'that you feed' and crossover sorting done inside. so if you connect sub out to this system, you are not feeding anything above the sub crossover freq, say 40Hz. now the system crossover will divert it according to its own value. so it will divert everything below say 40 Hz to the sub and all freqeuncies above to satellites(which means that nothing will be fed to the satellites.) so you do not connect satellites.

i agree to it that crossover settings will be fixed . but a sub usually produces frequencies below 40Hz. so if the main speakers can come down to 40 Hz, this should work.

connecting it wont' be straightforward though. the Sub out is RCA and input for comp systems will be stereo pin. what one has to do will be connect sub out RCA --->RCA splitter---->2RCA to stereo ---> Z 2300 input.
of course all this is coming into picture because we want good quality at low price.

I will personally try this some time and will let you know.I have RCA splitter, Artis 5.1 system Sub and all other needed cables but it will take time because all this is situated at my Pune home and not where i stay now. frankly speaking this should work.

Thats true anything can be connected to any thing but the sound quality Matters the logitech or any other pc subwoofer will produce very boomy bass
not worth connecting wth Hifi speaker.;)

Thats true anything can be connected to any thing but the sound quality Matters the logitech or any other pc subwoofer will produce very boomy bass
not worth connecting wth Hifi speaker.;)

I take your point. I have never heard the logitech z2300 personally. but i thought that it may be good from reviews and from the fact that it is THX certified. i have cleared this point in my first post. I know that sound quality matters and at the same time i know that it comes for a price. anyone is less likely to get a good sub at <13k unless he goes the DIY way.:eek:

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back