Subwoofer structural vibration

nitinbose

Hi Friends,

I've been using the Klipsch sub-12 for a few months and things worked beautiful.

I'm now facing some vibration from the subwoofer 'legs' during large low frequency tracks, especially in movies. I did try relocating the subwoofer, making sure the floor is not the cause (though the tiles seem abit loose :) )

When I press the subwoofer chassis from the top, i do hear some creaking from the legs.

Could someone assist me in a workaround? The vibration is really annoying and reduces the thrill / enjoyment of the movies:sad:

thanks and regards,

Nitin.

you can also try placing it on a thick carpet. that will atleast reduce the irritating sound its making.

okay, let me try and explain further.

Please take a look at the Klipsch sub picture: Sub-12 Subwoofer - Synergy Sub-12 --- Klipsch Synergy Series - Overview

There are four legs made of plastic, attached at the bottom and sides of the wooden chassis. I feel its the legs that seem to produce the vibration.

I can hear the same sound if I tap the woofer chassis from the top, along the edges.

By the way, I've set the cross-over frequency at 150Hz; could this be an issue?

Please suggest.

thanks and regards,

Nitin.

Hi Friends,

I've been using the Klipsch sub-12 for a few months and things worked beautiful.

I'm now facing some vibration from the subwoofer 'legs' during large low frequency tracks, especially in movies. I did try relocating the subwoofer, making sure the floor is not the cause (though the tiles seem abit loose :) )

When I press the subwoofer chassis from the top, i do hear some creaking from the legs.

Could someone assist me in a workaround? The vibration is really annoying and reduces the thrill / enjoyment of the movies:sad:

thanks and regards,

Nitin.

have u placed the sub directly on the flooring?
is it on spikes

try to place on thick carpet

long ago i had a similar problem with my sondyne roar 2b sub ,after about 1 year of use , the problem was the driver ,needed to be changed

Its placed on vitrified tiles, as shown: Picasa Web Albums - Nitin Bose - Home Theater

I changed the cross-over frequency from 150Hz to 100Hz and the vibration reduced to a good extend. The Klipsch site also mentions the frequency response to be 24-120Hz.

Sub-12 Subwoofer - Synergy Sub-12 --- Klipsch Synergy Series - Specifications

I'll just have to try for a couple of days and see, before requesting service.

Funny enough, such a big and heavy chassis being supported by four plastic legs... :D

regards,

Nitin.

try placing the sub over a thick carpet /mat / rug to chk if the problem still persists

this shud work, if sound still persists

chk if sound is coming from the driver / rubber sorrounds of driver if it has one may have become loose/

if coming from driver u may have to contact klipsh service

Last edited:
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back