Subwoofer to My set up

syed_rizvi

Dear Friends,

I have a Norge 2060 + BA A26 set up. I was recently thinking of adding a subwoofer to the set up to increase the bass output.

However, I'm not sure if we can add a subwoofer to 2060. I can see on one additional port labelled as "REC/OUT" in my amp but not very sure if this the port I can connect my subwoofer too.

Also friends, I came across the following subwoofer at a good price. Does any has any review / feedback on the below unit ?

YST-SW012 - Subwoofers - Yamaha - India

Many Thanks,
Syed

You can not add a subwoofer to the Norge amplifier with rec out port.
You need to have a subwoofer which can take high level input. Which means you have to route your speaker wires from the amp to the subwoofer and then to your regular speakers. In that case the crossover of the subwoofer will be extracting the low frequencies as per the settings and then feeding the remaining frequencies to your regular soeakers.
Hope this answers your query.

Hi Prasad,

Many thanks for the feedback. I called up Mr. Laxman at the Norge showroom - Mahim the other day. He said that a subwoofer can indeed by configured with the Rec / output.

Wondering why he said that given that he has been working with Mr. Bajaj for many many years ?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back