Subwoofer upgrade - 50K

Will Taga 212se be adequate for my 11X17 room? I can go for a dual setup later.
How does it perform for movies and music?

Yes, this is a very good subwoofer at a relatively cheap price. If you go for dual later it will be easy on pocket too. What is the price you are getting now?

Few things to keep in check, this can get boomy and not give punch if not setup correctly.
I had a issue with this sub, when it was turned on, on quite scenes it would get mute and this is not when kept on auto mode.
For music it won't do this as subwoofer will be active, but when in quite scenes for movies this would be often. The small rumbles and LFEs were missed out due to this. It would only activate when a good LFE scene pops up.

But back them for 28k, nothing to complain. I too was tempted to go for dual subs but sold the whole Taga setup and went with QA.

Yes, this is a very good subwoofer at a relatively cheap price. If you go for dual later it will be easy on pocket too. What is the price you are getting now?

Few things to keep in check, this can get boomy and not give punch if not setup correctly.
I had a issue with this sub, when it was turned on, on quite scenes it would get mute and this is not when kept on auto mode.
For music it won't do this as subwoofer will be active, but when in quite scenes for movies this would be often. The small rumbles and LFEs were missed out due to this. It would only activate when a good LFE scene pops up.

But back them for 28k, nothing to complain. I too was tempted to go for dual subs but sold the whole Taga setup and went with QA.

How does it compare to pl300?
I can get it for 33k

How does it compare to pl300?
I can get it for 33k

PL300 is much better, can go deeper and much more powerful.
But I guess you could get 2 Tagas in price of one PL300.

I would suggest you to listen some of the subwoofers shortlisted, you might like something else. These were my views as I have owned these in past in my room.

I meant 212 se cost, not PL300 bro. Sorry I didnt write it clearly.
No worries bro. Following your thread to see what you purchase. I am also planning to buy BIC America PL300 or QB12. Haven't started auditioning yet, but these 2 suits my budget and have good reviews

No worries bro. Following your thread to see what you purchase. I am also planning to buy BIC America PL300 or QB12. Haven't started auditioning yet, but these 2 suits my budget and have good reviews

For a good possible price for BIC PL 300 contact Pro Audio Home, I had got both my subs from them at very good rates before I traded up this year to a SVS.

Speak to Anil from HifiMart and see if he can spring a good deal if there are many of you. (Group Buy).

If you feel that PL300 would be too huge and possible overkill to your living space, consider a BIC H100ii which is rear port firing and does very well for music and movies. It was my first BIC subwoofer after Boston Acoustics ASW 650. The BIC H100ii can easy work well in a 500-700 sq ft listening area.

For a good possible price for BIC PL 300 contact Pro Audio Home, I had got both my subs from them at very good rates before I traded up this year to a SVS.

Speak to Anil from HifiMart and see if he can spring a good deal if there are many of you. (Group Buy).

If you feel that PL300 would be too huge and possible overkill to your living space, consider a BIC H100ii which is rear port firing and does very well for music and movies. It was my first BIC subwoofer after Boston Acoustics ASW 650. The BIC H100ii can easy work well in a 500-700 sq ft listening area.
Will PL 300 be overkill for living room with dimension as 21 FT(Length) * 13 FT(Width) * 9FT (Height) ?

Will PL 300 be overkill for living room with dimension as 21 FT(Length) * 13 FT(Width) * 9FT (Height) ?

A PL 200 would suffice that space and PL300 would be like having a little extra power to push when / if required in future.

I purchased Taga harmony 212 SE :). Initial impressions are good, still tweaking to get best of it in my room. Thank you all for your inputs, they helped me a lot. Special thanks to amrutmhatre90.

I purchased Taga harmony 212 SE :). Initial impressions are good, still tweaking to get best of it in my room. Thank you all for your inputs, they helped me a lot. Special thanks to amrutmhatre90.

Nice, enjoy it and do post views after breaking in.

Saw your questions on other thread, answering a few.
RCA or Single sub cable it wouldn't make much difference, but prefer going with decent Subwoofer cable. You can use the one which has come till you buy a Subwoofer cable, amazon basics or belkin are fine, don't spend much.

Keep crossover full or max on the subwoofer, phase 0 to start with. Under AVR the crossover should be 80hz, which is ideal but you can play around with it.

If your avr has come with a mic, do calibrate the system again with it once subwoofer breaks in.

Enjoy

BIC PL300 has port noise (chuffing) like shown in this video? If yes, how bad it is?

(skip to 7:59)
Probably a little late reply ;) I have a BIC PL200 II. There is port chuffing noise in that sub as well.
You won't hear it unless you pay attention to it. It makes noise only when driven at high volume. Else it will behave normally. No issues.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back